Amtrak "Metroliner" Control Cars - In the works

kurras

well, for the past couple weeks, i have been working hard on cranking out a Amtrak Metroliner cab, and here is my progress thus far. I plan to release it in at least a week, and i am looking for input.
35ce9og.jpg

Wow. Amazing model. But do you have modeled the entire car or only have attached the cab to an existent Amfleet. Cause it looks like the pic has been get from PEV Mesh Viewer. Looking forward to progress. Keep it up. Also see this and think about make a group with me. Now im interested on the NEC and this is a good addon. PM if you are interested.

Cheers
Ivan

PD Yeah i know that they doesnt look very good. But i exported they only for testing. Im going to redo it completely :D

I noticed, kurras, that your M6 is incomplete in that it lacks passenger attachments and door animations. Are you expecting to include those aspects in the Metroliner Cab?

OMG **INS screaming like little girl here** I wuvs you for just showing a picture of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright now that I've calmed myself those two cars look amazing and with or without ditch lights they will look amazing when finished, I won't ask for a release date (but I do want to see some more screenies of that amtrak cabcar) Please don't let this go vaporware :) I promise if people start being gimmie pigs and bug you for a release date I'll smack some sense into them XD

Right now, I have Perrock's Amfleet Coach/Business cars. These cars look highly realistic but have their doors hard-wired into the body mesh. Does anyone know how to remove those doors so I can replace them with a door mesh and attachment points (a.doors0, a.doors1)?

They also lack passenger attachments (a.pass##) and queues. These are easy enough to add, but it is time-consuming.

do you mean Jeff Barr's Afleets? regardless I'm not sure if there's a way to remove doors from a mesh, you'd have to talk to peter about getting the original Gmax file.

If you want to remove the doors, you need the 3ds or Gmax file. If you doesnt have it you cant do nothing. Perhaps if his autor gives to somebody the 3dsmax/Gmax file it can remove they and add the attachment points. If Kurras answer my question i can contact to the autor or if he is the autor i can help him with the door and the attachs. But they need animation too, and isnt easy.

Cheers
Ivan

If you want to remove the doors, you need the 3ds or Gmax file. If you doesnt have it you cant do nothing. Perhaps if his autor gives to somebody the 3dsmax/Gmax file it can remove they and add the attachment points. If Kurras answer my question i can contact to the autor or if he is the autor i can help him with the door and the attachs. But they need animation too, and isnt easy.

Cheers
Ivan

I am going to release a pack of coaches with working doors, so dont worry too much about it. I am trying to figure out animation, I have animated the files but they need attachment points?... idk, lemme work on the scripting for a week or so, and I will get back to everybody on here

Great work there! If you're making a cab for it, I have a picture that I took @ National Train Day 2009 you can use as a reference:
RCA_0014.JPG

If you're not making a cab, then that's okie dokie lokie, you can just use the default Shoreliner cab.

Wow. Amazing model. But do you have modeled the entire car or only have attached the cab to an existent Amfleet. Cause it looks like the pic has been get from PEV Mesh Viewer. Looking forward to progress. Keep it up. Also see this and think about make a group with me. Now im interested on the NEC and this is a good addon. PM if you are interested.

Cheers
Ivan

PD Yeah i know that they doesnt look very good. But i exported they only for testing. Im going to redo it completely :D

Are you going to do also the AMT version of these cars? They are numbered in the 3000 series. Anyways great work there!

lapuce, please don't quote more than one screenshot.

Also, I would love to see some LIRR C3 bilevels, but that's just me. The NJTs and Metroliner look great so far.

Yes. I saw your Post in the Gmax and 3dsmax any other modelling progrem and i really liked it but you didnt post updates. BTW good ticket machine. And some months after not seeing updates i started to learning 3d and here i am ;D. But the modelling of this car is driving me crazy. I have started from 0 much times. And what Blueprints/SpecDrawings do you used'??. Cause looks very accurate.

Cheers

:eek:
Also see this and think about make a group with me. Now im interested on the NEC and this is a good addon. PM if you are interested.

Back