Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak "Metroliner" Control Cars - In the works

Cool Amtrak "Metroliner" Control Cars - In the works

well, for the past couple weeks, i have been working hard on cranking out a Amtrak Metroliner cab, and here is my progress thus far. I plan to release it in at least a week, and i am looking for input.

Blog Entries

AWESOME!
    It's good to be back here...

Blog Entries

Yepeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Now we could have prototypical operation of Amtrak
    Staff of TCR/NS Trainz
    My Motto - Finish What I Started

damn that looks good!

Mukilteo Washington United States of America

Will it come with a custom interior? IT looks amazing!

Blog Entries

Don't Forget to add ditchlights/Beacons and Proper bogey
    Staff of TCR/NS Trainz

Wow. Amazing model. But do you have modeled the entire car or only have attached the cab to an existent Amfleet. Cause it looks like the pic has been get from PEV Mesh Viewer. Looking forward to progress. Keep it up. Also see this and think about make a group with me. Now im interested on the NEC and this is a good addon. PM if you are interested.

Cheers
    Ivan

PD Yeah i know that they doesnt look very good. But i exported they only for testing. Im going to redo it completely

Blog Entries

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Finally I can have both Amtrak and NJT Complete!!!
    Staff of TCR/NS Trainz

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

I noticed, kurras, that your M6 is incomplete in that it lacks passenger attachments and door animations. Are you expecting to include those aspects in the Metroliner Cab?
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

Blog Entries

Would it also repaint as a Phrase III. It will be great for those who are a San Diegan Fans.

♥ Me & Sailor Mars = Married since July 21, 2012 ♥

United States of America, Arizona, Deer Valley

OMG **INS screaming like little girl here** I wuvs you for just showing a picture of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright now that I've calmed myself those two cars look amazing and with or without ditch lights they will look amazing when finished, I won't ask for a release date (but I do want to see some more screenies of that amtrak cabcar) Please don't let this go vaporware I promise if people start being gimmie pigs and bug you for a release date I'll smack some sense into them XD

Alex (not Westin )

United States of America, Connecticut, Storrs

Right now, I have Perrock's Amfleet Coach/Business cars. These cars look highly realistic but have their doors hard-wired into the body mesh. Does anyone know how to remove those doors so I can replace them with a door mesh and attachment points (a.doors0, a.doors1)?

They also lack passenger attachments (a.pass##) and queues. These are easy enough to add, but it is time-consuming.
    System Model: HP Pavilion dm4t-2100
    TS12SP1HF4, build 61388 (clean & dirty)

United States of America, Arizona, Deer Valley

do you mean Jeff Barr's Afleets? regardless I'm not sure if there's a way to remove doors from a mesh, you'd have to talk to peter about getting the original Gmax file.

Alex (not Westin )

If you want to remove the doors, you need the 3ds or Gmax file. If you doesnt have it you cant do nothing. Perhaps if his autor gives to somebody the 3dsmax/Gmax file it can remove they and add the attachment points. If Kurras answer my question i can contact to the autor or if he is the autor i can help him with the door and the attachs. But they need animation too, and isnt easy.

Cheers
    Ivan

Quote Originally Posted by ivantr View Post
    If you want to remove the doors, you need the 3ds or Gmax file. If you doesnt have it you cant do nothing. Perhaps if his autor gives to somebody the 3dsmax/Gmax file it can remove they and add the attachment points. If Kurras answer my question i can contact to the autor or if he is the autor i can help him with the door and the attachs. But they need animation too, and isnt easy.

Cheers
    Ivan
    I am going to release a pack of coaches with working doors, so dont worry too much about it. I am trying to figure out animation, I have animated the files but they need attachment points?... idk, lemme work on the scripting for a week or so, and I will get back to everybody on here