New Users - How to register your serial number with N3V

shaneturner12

Tutorial Creator
Moderators - if you feel this should be elsewhere, please move it to the correct location. I also feel this should be a sticky, as well.

Due to the amount of users I've seen who are requesting support but do not have a serial number, I have prepared a short tutorial below on how to register your serial number below.

1.Click Planet Auran above. You will see this page:

regstep1and2.png

(Image hosted by ImageShack.us)

2.Click Serial Number. This is indicated by a black box with an arrow pointing at it in the image above. (For those who cannot see it properly, it's the second link under Trainz)

3. The following page will appear. Fill in the form indicated by the red box in the image below. If sucessful your serial number will appear below the form under the heading of the version you have registered. Also, you will get your registered version appear next to your username in posts. (Like mine, for example)

regstep3and4.png

(Image hosted by ImageShack.us)

Note that you must select the correct version that you are registering otherwise the process will fail.

If you have any issues during this proceedure, you will need to contact N3V's helpdesk using the link above.

TS12 Owners - Note

There are four different TS12 versions. You will need to select the correct one that corresponds to the version you have purchased.

These are:

Trainz Simulator 12
Trainz Anniversary Edition
Railroad Simulator powered by TS12
Railway Simulator powered by TS12

Note to Non-Windows Trainz users

Trainz Ipad/Android

Trainz Ipad and Trainz Android users currently are currently not being given any serial numbers to register.

EDIT: Due to an update, Trainz Ipad users can now register with N3V.

Trainz Mac

If your version is from the Mac App Store, simply enter your username and password into the Trainz Options box. This will trigger the registration.

For other Mac users, register it using the information given above.

Shane (Before anyone asks, I do not work for N3V)

EDIT: Due to a change at N3V's end, only the serial number needs to be entered on the Serial Number page - you no longer need to select which product you have or where you purchased it.

Last edited:
Further Notes - Users who have recently bought Trainz Classics 3 or earlier

These versions are under 'Trainz' which is near the bottom of the drop-down list when it comes to registering the item.

Addon Pack Registration

These can also be registered, but they currently do not appear next to the username in forum posts. I have suggested this to Zec, but he has not come back to me on that yet.

Shane

Further notes - what to do if it's not recognising the serial number

If for some reason it's not accepting the serial number, read the message carefully. This may be due to the serial number already being registered (which is likely if it's second hand), or that you have entered it incorrectly (like entering a 0 for a O, or a 8 for a B, or even a 5 for an S).

If this still fails, check you have the right version selected in the drop-down box next to Product. By default this is set to Trainz Simulator 12.

If the serial is still rejected, you need to contact Helpdesk. This can be done by clicking the Helpdesk link at the very bottom of the Planet Auran page. You will need to use your Planet Auran login details to log into the Helpdesk.

Shane

TS12 Owners - Note

There are four different TS12 versions. You will need to select the correct one that corresponds to the version you have purchased.

These are:

Trainz Simulator 12
Trainz Anniversary Edition
Railroad Simulator powered by TS12
Railway Simulator powered by TS12

Registering a Railroad Simulator powered by TS12 number doesn't seem to result in a new icon. Maybe that's why you have seen new users who don't appear to be registered.

There is a known glitch relating to some users not having certain station stops appearing. N3V are said to be looking into this.

Shane

Registering a Railroad Simulator powered by TS12 number doesn't seem to result in a new icon. Maybe that's why you have seen new users who don't appear to be registered.
Bummer, I had the truck all warmed up and was ready to go hacker huntin...... Guess me an' the boys'll just haf ta grab another bottle a hooch an' watch the skeeters hittin the bug light.....

I can not seem to figure out the correct way to register the ipad app "Trainz 2", i visited "My Trainz" through safari but no luck, i tried to do it from the PC no luck. I have searched the forums and google and only find some older issues regarding the CD key. So can someone pls tell me how to register the mobile app, as it was mentioned to me i wont get support without having a stupid icon showing up here...

PS: From reading some more threads i get the feeling it should have done so automatically once i logged into the account ingame. Might it be that the iPad Pro is not recognized? I wasnt able to create the account from within the app also and had to use the normal webbrowser on my pc to create the account then i was able to log into it on my ipad inside the app.

I did this correctly but the station stops still don't appear, only my TANE game did, but i don't own it anymore because it didn't work on my PC.

please tell me about serial number of trainz simulator 2012 bulid 46957 :(
Welcome to the forum.

Your answer depends on how you received your game.
Digital Download from the shop —> in an email (if I remember correctly)
Boxed —> in the box.

Back