Removing AWS from session

oknotsen

Holder of a broom
Im building a session and since I didnt do that to much yet, I was playing around with every rule in the list to figure out what it was.
One of the rules is "AWS configuration". Till today I still have no clue what it is or does, so I removed it from the session.
Well... I tried to. Apperently it kinda likes my session and has stayed.

The "AWS configuration" rule is no longer in my list of rules, yet when I start my session the controlls still show up between the "SPEED: LIMIT: TIME:" box and the HUD box. Pressing F8 makes both the AWS and HUD disappear.

How do I make it never show up again (yet still able to see the HUD)? In other words: Really really remove it from the session without rebuilding the whole session.

The only way you can get rid of it is to create a new session and scrap the old one. If you do a search for posts on AWS some one else did this and tried different methods to get rid but it writes itself to the route and can not be removed from the session you have to start a new session and don't add it to start with.

Thanks for the reply.
The only way you can get rid of it is to create a new session and scrap the old one.
Yeah, I kinda feared that would be one if not the only reply, but thats-so-painfull.
If you do a search for posts on AWS
Ofcourse I tried searching :), but guess what?
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
aws
Now I am pretty sure "aws" aint to long :p and I doubt its more common then the word "session" which search does accept, so meh.
So, any idea about other keywords that were in that post? Im curious if people came with other interesting sollutions, preferable those with blood, destruction or the removal of a simple line of code?

We basicly got an anoying bug here and I know I havent been the only one walking into this bug, so I am interested if someone digged into the inner structure of the related files yet and found the piece of code delete.

Hi again I have just remembered where I saw this it was on the old UK trains forum which is sadly not available any more. I have just had a search for AWS on this forum and the only results I got were by typing in the unabbreviated term which itself has more meanings. Try advanced/automatic warning system/signal, there are few posts but not much.

I asked the same and I ended up copying my map into a new route and session. Just copy the contents and scrap all your session rules.

Guess what Google search lead me here?

GAH! So to test I made a 1 board "route" with 1 track, 1 loco, and the "Show custom HUD rule". I then ran it, and the hud looked fine. Then I exited back to surveyor, added Config AWS and immediately deleted it. Save and re-ran the route and the AWS was added to the HUD.

So that confirms it. (What IDIOT set it up this way???)
thumb_smiley-mad0213_zps0223c267.jpg

Any of you find an answer? Anyone know a way to painlessly "Copy" and "Paste" AI drivers from one session to another. I have no rules set up, but I do have several AI trains with lists of commands set up.

I guess I could write it all down by hand and rebuild it, but I'd rather not... :(

1. Save the AWS asset as a cdp
1a. Clone your route & session or save as CDP
2. delete the asset from CMP
3. open your route/session for edit
4. in the surveyor menu choose delete missing assets
5. exit surveyor
6. check your route in cmp, does it show missing dependices? It should not.
7. delete clone
8. recommit AWS.cdp if you wish

John

That works a treat for assets, as long as they aren't built in. But this is a Session Rule that leaves vestiges of it's self behind when it's deleted from the session... Still, when I have a chance I'll give this a go and see if it works. I wouldn't have thought to even check! :D

I'm afraid that JohnnyC1's idea will not work, as the AWS assets (created by Bloodnok) are built-in to TS12 and possibly previous versions as well.

Shane

I found a solution for this problem:

1. Open config.txt of "AWSLib" and "AWS Configuration" in Content Manager.
2. Change kind from "xxxxxxx" to "garbage" in both config.txt and save changes.
3. Open the affected map in Editor, remove missing content and save changes.
4. Go back in Content Manager and change back AWSLib and AWS Configuration to original state to make AWS available again if necessary.

I bow to your awesomeness

Thank you. TS2009 has the same problem. I wasn't able to find AWS Configuration but changing the kind on AWSLib worked like a charm. Thanks again for letting me have the custom HUD back.

Ahh. Found AWS Configuration. but since it now has a faulty asset (AWSLib) it got removed from my route. (woo hoo!)

Back