Trains are fun

amrail2000

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
Ok all complaining aside. Between real world models and TRAINZ this hobby of ours is just very enjoyable. So both TRAINZ and real world model have their draw backs, but in the long run the enjoyment is well worth it. In the real world I model two different scales and can carry just about any thing you can think about. In trainz I do carry everything. At this I'm building a Kibri Liebherr LTM Space save crane. In trainz I have three routes in the works. Not to mention providing support for N3V and several other content suppliers . I have been able to meet some very nice people and some I would like to choke.
So of the guys on here I have become very good friends with. I have also been able to enjoy some very good content as well. I have had some such as Bendorsey,Euphod,Yukonzoom,Philskene, and others blow my mind with their content. No matter if we may bicker once in a while, these are very nice people. I have also seen posts that seemed like should have been posted on Facebook. So what's my point? Just my way of thanking every content creator out there for all of their hard work. Also to get away from all the complaints that surface. Now it's time to go work on that crane as I have another waiting to get built.
Run Eight
SAXRT1
Owner SAXT Global Services

I had written a Thank You post (prior to the AutoSave feature, in the old forum) ... and had a paragraph written out ... and pressed the wrong KB key and Kablooie ... it went off into cyberspace.

Yes ... the list of extremely talented creators here is many, many thousands of creators.

And thankful I am that many Auran employee's worked so hard to originally create the game, and N3V is keeping it going with their great endevors.

Lets raise a glass to Asset Creators and N3V ... Yea Team !

"Chum is Fum!"

Yep, I agree with both of you gentlemen, that's why I've remained here this long. My association with Trainz has actually lasted longer than my first (and only) marriage.

Maybe there's a relationship there....?:hehe:

Yep, I agree with both of you gentlemen, that's why I've remained here this long. My association with Trainz has actually lasted longer than my first (and only) marriage.

Maybe there's a relationship there....?:hehe:

Wait a second... This is hillarious! Did you leave your wife because of Trainz??? (You don't need to give out any personal information but I know a guy who got rid of his wife just to keep a model train set)

I agree guys, it's good to hear some positive around here!
@ Ed - Trainz and wives have a lot in common, for example, they both complain and sit right down if you expect them to work too hard (or properly). Trainz, however, is easier on the wallet - and no matter what happens it will always be there when you're ready to come back! Oh yeah one more - Trainz actually supports and helps fulfill your fantasies:hehe::p

Mike

Last edited:
Keep all your versions separate ... at the most, have only one version in any given US time zone.

Some versions have better Draw Distance (the farther away ... the better they look).

My first version, was just a total PITA.

Last edited:
.. but do you really need a new version every two years?:hehe:
:hehe:Sometimes........ The one I got has faulty assets. The cleaning.gs file AND the cooking.gs both have exceptions in driver, so neither work at all!

Oh and Cascade.... I learned a long time ago to keep the sliders turned waaaay down and the good weather fog all the way up with a bottle of bourbon - keeps things kinda fuzzy and easier on the eyes:hehe:

Hi Amrail,

How sane of you your post is. Let's see how long until you are burnt to a crisp by flamers.

In all seriousness, V-scale is the medium in which all of your dreams can come true. There are "virtually" no limits!

Bernie

BTW Gearhead, Vodka works almost as well as bourbon.
BL

Last edited:
I've been burned on here more times than I care to count. But I keep coming back as I've also met some very nice people here.

I agree guys, it's good to hear some positive around here!
@ Ed - Trainz and wives have a lot in common, for example, they both complain and sit right down if you expect them to work too hard (or properly). Trainz, however, is easier on the wallet - and no matter what happens it will always be there when you're ready to come back! Oh yeah one more - Trainz actually supports and helps fulfill your fantasies:hehe::p

Mike

A wife can also do that... And in Tatarstan women are not allowed to ask for money (my mother taught me this), maybe it's different in the USA.

I suggest it's better to search for a job as a train driver (in real life) which I did, but sadly mine came up with a very bad salary. But, it was a dream of mine. Train drivers here say that they have to find a woman who is interested in trains... haha...

Trainz is good for entertainment, but isn't driving a real train, the biggest dream for all of you in this forum?

Train driver jobs are very hard to come by in the US ... even a subway, trolley or bus driver, there are hundreds, or thousands, of applicants for just one driver position.

Bad eyesight, colorblindness ... etc ... will bar one from employment on the whole system (even office work).

A wife can also do that... And in Tatarstan women are not allowed to ask for money (my mother taught me this), maybe it's different in the USA.

I suggest it's better to search for a job as a train driver (in real life) which I did, but sadly mine came up with a very bad salary. But, it was a dream of mine. Train drivers here say that they have to find a woman who is interested in trains... haha...

Trainz is good for entertainment, but isn't driving a real train, the biggest dream for all of you in this forum?

Me? No. While the concept of driving a train is fun, the actual job, at least in the U.S., is not for everyone. The commuter guys (SEPTA and NJ Transit) tell me they often work 6 or 7 day work weeks, and often in swing shifts (meaning any shift). It's better on the Amtrak side, which is why people seek those jobs. Freight, well, we have one friend of the family who was on the Santa Fe and didn't have much good to say about the job, including the hours, and is now a lawyer.

Of course, some people fall out of favor with a job only after being in it for awhile, as I did with flying. And for some people, even a tough job in a train crew is satisfying despite the rough work rules and conditions that go along with it. Fortunately, I'd say most of the engineers I've met like their job, warts and all.

I'd love to get the chance to be an engineer, but (especially now) you can't get in if you've got the slightest blemish on your past - I had a chance to go work for BN before the merger with Santa Fe, but didn't have my high school diploma (just a GED) and my driver's license was messed up. Funny thing is, the guy who was my "in" had quite a bit of seniority in the yard and he could barely read and write. I could only imagine how hard it'd be now since the patriot act - I got barred from doing construction the Air Force's base at Groom Lake (area 51) because my credit wasn't good enough..... wow

Finding Trainz was a dream come to for an expat living and working in Thailand. Having my model trains here was not an option factoring in shipping costs, space, and the lack of hobby shops here in the northeast part of the country. Now I can run superpower steam locomotives I could only dream of buying and operating in HO scale. I now have 200 miles of track laid and almost finishing up the southern most end of the line of my fictional route and again I could never think of this in HO. After that just another 100 mile on the north side of the route then the fun really begins... scenery! Even my students enjoy seeing the railroad coming together and it helps to get them to ask questions using their English skills to ask about things they see on the route. There is a downside though, my wife calls this sim/addiction my "mia noi" a.k.a. minor wife/mistress

If that's so, that you need an education for to be train driver it is not necessarily true here. I was never allowed to elementary or secondary school when I was a child, but still I got sent to work on a commuter train here in Kazan, because I could not get another work...

But normally, in Russia you need university education sadly.

Back