Galaxy Railways Big 1

Actually, both the OG and NEO versions have number plates right where the smokebox door handrails would be. NEO Big One also has number plates on the cab side, but they were smaller.

yeah, honestly this pic kinda reminds me of the attemot Shine Ortiz made in an old yt vid to make a custom model of NEO big one, HOOO BOY lets just say it wasnt exactly a very trainz looking model, it looked like something off of roblox

There was one YouTuber I know of who was working on a Big One model that apparently didn't get finished, and they made a version revealing both locations for the Cosmo Matrix Cannon, and its attachment in the smokebox.

This is the current state of my kitbash:
NEO-Big-One-Kitbash-WIP.jpg

you know, you could do just og big one, which wouldnt be nearly as hardto make, all you would have to do is model a tall funnel for it and make the background of the plaque black, and also remove the bell and 4000 number plates surrounding the funnel

you know, you could do just og big one, which wouldnt be nearly as hardto make, all you would have to do is model a tall funnel for it and make the background of the plaque black, and also remove the bell and 4000 number plates surrounding the funnel
You're right, I could. OG Big One is simpler because he's basically a Big Boy on steroids. The tall stack on top isn't that hard to get since the OG Big One James released has one. But the reason I chose NEO Big One is because of the unique way the anime portrayed him in Season 2 and the crossover with 999. So I'll be sticking to it. I've already made significant progress since that post too.

If I knew how to remove the bell and plates, I would. I'm not exactly the best at those things. But I do know it is possible since I've seen it done on another kitbash using Trainz Forge's Big Boy.

Plus my idea with this kitbash is to create something of a hybrid. Call it "locomotive cosplay" if you will.

Last edited:
It's quite a procedure. First you have to take the .im file you want to use in your kitbash and put it in the same folder as the locomotive you're using as your kitbash platform.

Then you need to import the texture files needed for that .im file, otherwise you'll just get texture errors later on.

Once that's done, you need to go into your locomotive's config file and tell it to add the part. In other words, you need to create a line of sorts. In my case it would look something like this:
smoke_deflectors
{
mesh "ears.im"
auto-create 1
position 0,-5.3,0.43
}

Bear in mind that you may need to tweak the positioning of the part until you're satisfied with the position.

Once you're done, save the config file and submit the asset and either view it in TANE's preview mode, or test it in a scenario in the game itself. If you're satisfied with the positioning, you can freely use it, but if not, you'll need to go back into your config and readjust the positioning of the part.

Like I said, it's a bit of a procedure, but it's worth it when you get it right.

And about the bell and number plate removeal (number plates surrounding funnel) cant you just remove the from the config file and change the asset table and mesh numbers? Ive done this with hornsounds and it has WORKED

heres another thing, if you were to duplicate this progress, could you do a OG big one version to basically work as like something the people can use for vids while waiting for NEO big 1 to be released?

(and by duplicate i mean duplicate the asset that has the progress)

So like one OG and one NEO?

Also, on some meshes, everything's assembled into one frame, such is the case with ANL's 3900 class Challengers.

That said, I have seen some remove the bell and plates for their OG kitbashes, so it does seem like it'd be possible.

oh, well yeah, and also, yes, OG and NEO, but OG like released before NEO since NEO is the main project and OG is like the "preview" that we can work with, while the more important one is neo, but honestly i think just an OG one would be fine, the decision is yours though, so do whatever you like!

Technically I did create OG before NEO anyway, so it could potentially work if I cloned the loco. I'll take that into consideration.

You are right; it is my decision, but I wouldn't be offended by a little constructive criticism.

Neo..........Big................One................................

How did you.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't make it, Gregory the GR T-54 on Discord made it, along with GE 999

You can actually dm him (discord) for them because they were released, and he's also making coaches for big one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back