Galaxy Railways Big 1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is not available. The creator has left the community and his creations are no longer available. Plus, it's been four years since he lasted posted.
That's not to say ALL hope is entirely lost. I recently came across a YouTube video showcasing brand new Galaxy Railway models, which actually includes the entirety of Big One and its train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhL9llkhO0

Right now, there's no release date for it, but I'm sure once it's ready, it'll get released.

I understand this is a old thread. The models in the video I made are my models. I've updated them since the release of the video. Reason the model's are yet to be released is because I don't know how to animate complex valve gear in blender to make my own bogey's for the Big One model. I've made at least 3 different versions of Big One. I made both Season 1 and Season 2 Big One's along with a big one that has fictional smoke deflector fins.
f1e262d8dd21157f549b4cc61d310ad7.png

3ad04e88d78aa761af5ba6fb211d5a2a.png

That's not to say ALL hope is entirely lost. I recently came across a YouTube video showcasing brand new Galaxy Railway models, which actually includes the entirety of Big One and its train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLhL9llkhO0

Right now, there's no release date for it, but I'm sure once it's ready, it'll get released.

I understand this is a old thread. The models in the video I made are my models. I've updated them since the release of the video. Reason the model's are yet to be released is because I don't know how to animate complex valve gear in blender to make my own bogey's for the Big One model. I've made at least 3 different versions of Big One. I made both Season 1 and Season 2 Big One's along with a big one that has fictional smoke deflector fins.
f1e262d8dd21157f549b4cc61d310ad7.png

3ad04e88d78aa761af5ba6fb211d5a2a.png
Gotta say, they're the most accurate I've seen. You take all the time you need. :)

Gotta say, they're the most accurate I've seen. You take all the time you need. :)

Thank you. All the models I make I try and make them as accurate as possible. I had some old contact's over at Funimation that managed to get me some decent drawings especially of the season 1 Big One since I could not find any. But yeah once I make my own valve gear bogey's I'll look into releasing the set. I'm currently using trainboi1 bogey's for the engines.

Thread bump

im surprised these never got released
If you consider the fact that he needs to learn how to make his own bogeys? Yeah, that would explain why.

Of course there is always the possibility that they may not be released at all, much like a lot of good things.

i have been looking for a model of gin one for months and i found this model so i downloaded it and then a lot of the texture deps were faulty so i couldnt use it PLEASE HELP ME FIX THEM :(

Chuckwagon2010, what is the KUID of the asset, and what are the errors? Can you copy and paste the errors?

well its mainly just texture problems bc every time I click on the ! icon on the locomotive it just opens the thing where it says how many warnings and errors their are but below that it says their are a bunch of texture errors

and when i say this i mean jack the combat train not the other models but those other models are SO WELL DETAILED :) good job whoever created the really detailed ones

Need you to paste the actual errors. Some texture errors can be easy to fix, others can't be fixed at all, but without knowing what they are, or knowing the KUID of the loco there is no way to tell.

Technically this Big One/Jack is just a reskin of the old Big Boy, which has been severely outdated for a long time. It's like anytime one tries to mod that Big Boy, ERROR! Textures errors like that are practically unfixable. Unless somebody has a way to do it on such an old asset.

Is there a newer Big Boy asset available (reskinnable or not)? Either way it would be good to use on a multitude of things, Galaxy Railways related or not.

Back