Where has the Download Station link gone?

Snec

Hi, I realise I must be missing the obvious, I generally seem to, but for the life of me I can't see the link to the Download Station.
It was always at the top of the main forum page -- where is it now?

My theory, and thats all it is, is they're trying to steer people away from the 'Black Pages' DLS, and encorage them to use CMP. I may be wrong in this theory, but I think it could be plausible :)

Progress is sometimes only so in the eyes of the person implementing it!

That, and I agree with Muliebuck's theory. At least they could still provide the Planet Auran Profile link though...

I'm pretty sure Mulieback is correct - I recall Zec Murphy mentioning a while ago that Auran/N3V were indeed trying to move Trainz users away from using the 'Black Pages' onto CMP, which explains why the link no longer exists on the Forum.

However, the Black Pages are still there, you just need to do a little digging to find the link (the direct link is still listed on the main Auran website) - for those who can't be bothered searching, here's the DLS 'Black Pages' link: http://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php

You might like to bookmark it for future reference. ;)

Thanks Enkidoh, I was just going to request a link so I could bookmark it and you read my mind. :D

I've always prefered the black pages DLS, a bit less since they limited the number of assets you could see :(. I've started using CM but it doesn't appear to find assets from previous versions (a good and bad thing) as some items now have unknown missing assets because of this.

Its also very slow to load the thumbnails, that is the main negative for me, I have to wait ages before I can scroll up to see the next few items.

Yes, I'd already got the external link - that has always been available.

My ritual has been to have a look around the boards then afterwards go to the DLS to checkup on the new stuff.
I thought the link would still be here somewhere and it was just me being dizzy... not a big deal that it's gone but bit of a shame non-the-less, what!

I still need the link to the DLS as I am one of the many people who cannot download large files using CMP.

I still need the link to the DLS as I am one of the many people who cannot download large files using CMP.

Just go to the black pages download page, then bookmark it in your browser - then you have a link - no problem.

Bob (CRO)

Some immature marketing type trying to "manage" customers habits as if they were sheep. I strongly dislike the typical changes just for the sake of change. Some idiot convinces management that they need to freshen the look of the web interfaces. The customers usually get negative value but that complaint is always ignored.

Maybe some Company rep can explain how this change enriches our Auran/Nv3 experience??

Back