What Did You Do ... When The Forum Was Offline ?

I relized that I had other games installed on my computer. Got some mods for another game and started work on adding more land sections to my route that just never sees a stoping point. I also relized that i graduate in June and my birthday is on the 9th! Where have I been?

Oh yeah? I played the Railroad Tycoon 3 Demo (It can have added locomotives :eek:) Before that, read books, watched TV, played Roblox, etc.
EDIT: And Also Read This: V (Look at Sig)

Last edited:
This is actually from last night, but we did a bit of this while the forums were down...

peter

What did I do?
Lets see;

I rocked out to Muse.
Watched all 3 Twilight films I own about 5-6 times each (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse).
Rocked out to more Muse.
Went and saw Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1.
Still more Muse.
Read all Twilight Saga books 3-5 times.
You guessed it; Muse.
School.

Not in that order either.

Adam

Went to work.
Organized my projects to make them easier to find.
Drank tequila.
Had some Queso and chips.
Took bets on who was going to crack first from not having the forums.

Watched all 3 Twilight films I own about 5-6 times each (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse).
Went and saw Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1.
Read all Twilight Saga books 3-5 times.
Adam

Wow! You're a brave man to admit all that! I hope you had your shirt on.

I spent an evening over at subsim. Found out that UBI effectively removed the DRM crap from SH5 with a recent launcher patch. At US$5.49 for a new copy over at amazon (subsim gets $1.50 if you go thru their store) I might just buy it now. Whether they finally woke up or more likely just decided SH5 wasn't worth the effort any more who knows. I didn't buy SH3 until they removed starforce from it and I think it was $12 at that point. That was the last for me and it's been many years since I bought anything from UBI.

Bob Pearson

That axe of yours must be almost ground away by now IKB.

But it's a shame you never posted any shots of your route before you ditched it.

Meh, not really. IKB is constantly trolling here about RW3; if the search feature worked properly, you'd see from his post history. More importantly, if someone seriously thinks RW3 is superior in any way to Trainz, I tend to doubt you'd want to have seen their idea of quality work.

Last edited:
Trainz is superior in building routes, while Railworks is better in the train driving thing from the cab view.

Railworks have amazing graphics, but is not as "free roaming" as Trainz.

I spent an evening over at subsim. Found out that UBI effectively removed the DRM crap from SH5 with a recent launcher patch. At US$5.49 for a new copy over at amazon (subsim gets $1.50 if you go thru their store) I might just buy it now. Whether they finally woke up or more likely just decided SH5 wasn't worth the effort any more who knows. I didn't buy SH3 until they removed starforce from it and I think it was $12 at that point. That was the last for me and it's been many years since I bought anything from UBI.

Bob Pearson

If they definitely have removed all DRM, including product activation if any form, I'd be willing to give SH5 a shot.

Trainz is superior in building routes, while Railworks is better in the train driving thing from the cab view.

Railworks have amazing graphics, but is not as "free roaming" as Trainz.
You can alter the trainzoptions file to show:
-intro=disable
-disablerailjointsound
-freeintcam
-surveyorfov=30
-cabinfov=80
-driverfov=80
(these numerals can be changed anywhere between =30 and =185, the - must preceed the trainzoption tag

Last edited:
Thank you Cascaderailroad, I will try these settings. Right now I have the fps locked and resourcememory to 2048.

By the way, what is the problem with railjointsound? Isn't it a realistic feeling to hear those or?

I bothered Simulatortrain, Zues, probably some other people, not even knowing the forum had been changed anyway... :sleep:

Back