Some problems...

Tashyakkell

Having some issues in TS12 I'm wondering if anyone can help with...

1. When I load a save game of a loco going about 55mph, the couplings break as soon as it loads and ends the session. No hills or anything, just cruising... Any way to fix that so I don't have to start over..?

2. Some graphical problems... Switching from OGL to DX helped a lot, but in chase mode, it freezes for anywhere from 5-30 seconds every time I switch to it and the framerate is atrocious, like 8-15. Compared to the 40-100FPS I get in the cab. (I have a fairly high end graphics card , 4GB onboard memory and 12GB system ram too..so that shouldn't be the problem). Anything I can do to fix these problems?

Thanks...

Having some issues in TS12 I'm wondering if anyone can help with...

1. When I load a save game of a loco going about 55mph, the couplings break as soon as it loads and ends the session. No hills or anything, just cruising... Any way to fix that so I don't have to start over..?

2. Some graphical problems... Switching from OGL to DX helped a lot, but in chase mode, it freezes for anywhere from 5-30 seconds every time I switch to it and the framerate is atrocious, like 8-15. Compared to the 40-100FPS I get in the cab. (I have a fairly high end graphics card , 4GB onboard memory and 12GB system ram too..so that shouldn't be the problem). Anything I can do to fix these problems?

Thanks...

You might get an answer if you register your trainz product first!!!

Is this happening on all your routes and sessions or a particular one? With a set-up like you have I wouldn't have thought you'd have those sorts of problems. I run Trainz on a laptop (a good one, mind) and although I get the small freezes ( I think it's accessing the drive) I only get very poor frame rates on the bigger routes (ECML Lincoln Relief is my worst)
What operating system are you using? Are your drivers up to date? Is the game installed to the default location i.e. Program Files or Program Files (x86)? Did you install the game as Administrator?
Try to give as much information as you can when you ask a question. There is more chance that someone else has had the same problem.

When the session is reloading, hold down the "p" key, and try also hitting the brakes key just as it starts to run the session.
I made this mistake once many moons ago and these actions got me out of it. Always wait until you have stopped before saving the session. :wave:

Do the couplings break on all the consists or just the one ?

Two of them, it looks like. The message log shows 13, and then 128 twice

When the session is reloading, hold down the "p" key, and try also hitting the brakes key just as it starts to run the session.
I made this mistake once many moons ago and these actions got me out of it. Always wait until you have stopped before saving the session. :wave:

I tried this several ways just now... no luck. I hear what sounds like the couples breaking before I've even gotten in, when it's still on the loading screen for another few seconds.

Having to stop to save is kind of a pain >< But I guess it's best I learn this early

Is this happening on all your routes and sessions or a particular one? With a set-up like you have I wouldn't have thought you'd have those sorts of problems. I run Trainz on a laptop (a good one, mind) and although I get the small freezes ( I think it's accessing the drive) I only get very poor frame rates on the bigger routes (ECML Lincoln Relief is my worst)
What operating system are you using? Are your drivers up to date? Is the game installed to the default location i.e. Program Files or Program Files (x86)? Did you install the game as Administrator?
Try to give as much information as you can when you ask a question. There is more chance that someone else has had the same problem.

Particularly, the Appalachian Steam one. It's all I've really had time to try. But the couplings breaking happens on every single save file. For the graphics issue, one of of the electric passenger train ones it happened too, I don't remember which one exactly though...

OS is Win7 x64, drivers are up to date, default location of Program Files (x86), and it's running as administrator. I do have dual monitors, but I set my card to single display performance mode as the sim advised when installed

Thank you everyone

Are the derails on plain track, if not it could be the switches defaulting back to their original setting then switching back to the route setting as you start session.
I had the same on re starting a session, once I got it down to where the consist was derailing I checked before saving that the line was clear.

The Appalachian Steam route is particularly heavy with splines, which cause a lot of lag.

In general I recommend defragmenting your hard drive, turning off Windows search and drive indexing. These latter two things can really bog down a system. You may also want to disable active scanning in your antivirus, or whatever its called of your Trainz folder since this will scan every file when its opened, and Trainz loads a lot of files continuously.

John

The Appalachian Steam route is particularly heavy with splines, which cause a lot of lag.

In general I recommend defragmenting your hard drive, turning off Windows search and drive indexing. These latter two things can really bog down a system. You may also want to disable active scanning in your antivirus, or whatever its called of your Trainz folder since this will scan every file when its opened, and Trainz loads a lot of files continuously.

John

I use MSE primarily... I turned off the active scanning feature, but I still have the problem. I also noticed it happens if I zoom in and out, but not if I'm just swinging the camera around...

Are the derails on plain track, if not it could be the switches defaulting back to their original setting then switching back to the route setting as you start session.
I had the same on re starting a session, once I got it down to where the consist was derailing I checked before saving that the line was clear.

It's plain track, but it's not derailing, it's the couplings breaking...

I used to have the problem of my couplings breaking but I fixed it by going into surveyor, rules and deleting the coupling breakage rule. No more broken couplings for me.

Back