Looking For Multiplayer Teacher

GN1996

Not a real user title.
I am looking for someone to teach me how to use multiplayer in TS12.
I do not know how to use multiplayer and would like to learn.

The only assets I have are the ones that shipped with the game. I also have a few non-shipped assets like the Jointed Rail GN F7s and some of the content updates that show up on the TS12's menu.

If you would like to accept the offer, please let me know so we can schedule a day and time.

A few MP hints

I am looking for someone to teach me how to use multiplayer in TS12.
I do not know how to use multiplayer and would like to learn.
What are the questions you have?

A few pointers:
- The Debrecen route has a build-in (as in "shipped with the standard game install") multiplayer session.
- If you want to create a multiplayer session: Go into Surveyor, main menu, edit session, and then add "Multi Player rule".
- To be able to play your multiplayer session with others, it will first have to be made available via the DLS. How to do that is has nothing to do with multiplayer.

I would like to know things like:

Is surveyor multiplayer?
If it is how do you use multiplayer surveyor?
How many people can do multiplayer at once?

Is surveyor multiplayer?
If it is how do you use multiplayer surveyor?
No, surveyor is not multiplayer.

How many people can do multiplayer at once?
I think 20 is the maximum, but I am not sure about that.
I havent seen more then 8 players in a session at the same time yet though, but I doubt I have every route and ofc I havent been online during the peak hours in the US.

Surveyor is, well, surveyor. Let me explain. To play in multiplayer requires a route and a multiplayer session. Somebody creates a route in surveyor which is uploaded to the download station. Somebody else says "Hey I like your route can I make a multi player session?" He then creates a session out of the route in surveyor. This involves adding Locomotives, Rolling Stock, Rules and setting up Interactive Industries to load and or unload commodities. When he is happy with his handiwork he selects multiplayer which adds the bits and pieces that makes it a Multiplayer session. It can then be uploaded to the download station, Then sad people like me can downloasd the route and session to play in multiplayer either solo or with any number of other sad people who have also downloaded the route and session. I hope my simplified explaination helps you. You aked "how many people can play a multi player session? There is not a set number. It is decided mainly by the constraints of the session and the player who starts the session. One important thing. In order for several people to play the same session together they must all have EXACTLY the same route and session. In other words do NOT go into surveyor and change a single thing. If you want to change something for your personal use make a copy of the route or session and give it a new name. There is several other things I could explain but this has been my 2nd long post of the night,LOL. Next question? `:(

To use Multiplayer go to routes at the top there a star if it gold/yellow then click on it.now all the routes are showen.To the right is tree triangals the first one is your multiplayer list (if there is a 1 then someone is playing a session.hilight that route click on sessions wait a few minutes tell it find who playing.when that pops up hilight it then join session.depening on how big the route is as how long it will take to join.(2 to 5 min.)
Now you can start your own session and poeple that has that session will join you.
Right now the routes to down load is UMR Summer MP 12 v6c and Montanna Rail Link(MRL)?v6 now.MRL has sessions every friday night from 7pm USA CST. UMR run almost all the time. It best if you have Team Speak. (it a free talk program all you need is a mic.)
MRL has a dispacher so it tries to be more prototype. Without 10 players if makes it hard.

Back