More Questions about the DLS, CM, & Uploading

dricketts

Trainz Luvr since 2004
I thought the DLS would not allow uploads of assets if all the dependencies were not included in the upload or were not already present on the DLS.

Is this not correct? I've discovered a few of my recent uploads are missing dependencies. Yes it's an easy fix just upload the dependencies after the fact but I thought the DLS/CM would catch this and reject the upload at some point in the process.

No, there is no requirement dependencies be included with uploads. Lots of routes, locos, etc. have, for example, dependencies located on 3rd-party sites.

No, there is no requirement dependencies be included with uploads. Lots of routes, locos, etc. have, for example, dependencies located on 3rd-party sites.

Yes that's true. I didn't think of it from that perspective. So the DLS will download all the dependencies if they are present on the DLS. Is this correct?

If you download the original asset through CMP, then it should pick up all dependencies. Occasionally it misses something, especially of the dependency requires a dependency itself. But, on the whole it's pretty effective.

Back