bxmike88's M7 Engine Sounds are dreadful with MUs

Scottbe8

UMR Pax Sessionz
I cloned Auran's M7A and replaced the default engine sounds with bxmike88's sounds. What I got was literal ear rape. I'll have a video up in a moment to show you. Does anyone have a better version or a way to fix this one?

EDIT: http://youtu.be/Rlmlh0Gckl0

Last edited:
I am not really sure. He made 2 versions of the M7 sound. Maybe someone could make another engine sound for the M7. I wonder if an M8 engine sound is being made. I think there is a horn from an M8 available.

I think there is a horn from an M8 available.

I tried that. I get the same ear rape as the engine sounds. Now I just use the RF Leslie S2M (which, by the way, I modified to have a "Watch the Gap" announcement instead of the M1/M2/M3/M4/M6 door closing sound).

Upon further investigation, I have found that nothing in my arsenal can make these sounds work in TS12. Not even specifying up and down times. So I did away with them altogether and reverted back to the built-in enginesound and normal sound-script.

It probably is. The WAV files are high-pitched as is. Auran's electric engine sound asset has WAV files at 176 kbps, as do all confirmed working engine sound assets. bxmike88's sounds I believe are at 1 Mbps (determined through some crude calculations). Maybe he just needs to downgrade his samples to make them compatible with Trainz?

Back