Look what i found on ebay

My credit card is burning a hole in my wallet hopeing for the C&O M1 to be built
th_praying.gif
. Just a few pictures to remind everyone ;).

The C&O M1 with tender.

C&OTURBINE.jpe

I don't care about an interactive cab or even a detailed cab just to get this beast in Trainz! Just in case...

chesboil1a.jpg

I think CG has a mesh for one, as it is his background on his website, but I don't know if he would finish it anytime soon as he is tied up with the DD35/DD35A/GP35s.

The C&O turbine may have been an impressive looking beast but none the three built were able to make it all the way from Washington, DC to Cinncinatti without breaking down. They were an experiments that failed. By 1950 all were scrapped.

Personally, I'd much rather see Trainz models of some of the C&O steam locomotives that actually performed well made available. Such as the L-1:

CO_4-6-4_490_OrangeVA6-7-53_4x6_DUP.jpg

Both the M-1s and the L-1 were red-orange in color -- not anywhere near the shade of yellow that a lot of models have been painted in over the years. The photo of the M-1 wearing yellow posted earlier in the thread must have been photoshopped (or shot with a poor choices of color filterers). Even the photo above misrepresents the shade as being closer to yellow than the real thing actually was... Orange is a color that can be difficult to capture correctly on film.

The model below is close to the color of the real thing:

5340955_2_l.jpg

Last edited:
Back