Choosing a computer that is in my budget price range

I have just been reading reviews of the AMD A10-5800K CPU which is available for £92 on Amazon (probably $70 in the States) and it seems to be a lethal bit of kit if you are on a budget, scoring 7.5 on Windows Experience Index.

The AMD A-10 series is pretty good. I would stay away from it though since it is an APU. 7.5 on the Windows Experience Index is really good. Change of plans though. I am still going for Trainz 2010 Engineers Edition but I have been doing some looking around today and I made the decision to get Windows 8 64 bit. Very close battle between Windows 7 and Windows 8. I had to do some serious thinking on this one switching back and forth between operating systems. Kept on saying to myself, I would get 7, then minutes later changed my mine to 8. There are several reasons why I am going to go for Windows 8. I would like to be up to date as far as technology and computers go. Even though Windows 7 is good, it's almost 5 years old, where as Windows 8 is 2 months old so it is pretty new. I would like to at least keep up with everything even though Windows has gotten rid of the traditional design and switched over to the new Metro design. It's worth taking the time to at least learn something new. Not everything should be easy all the time. Another reason I am getting Windows 8 is because several people on the forum say that Trainz can run on Windows 8 and Trainz performance in Windows 8 is pretty much the same as Vista and Windows 7.

If nothing else, you will remember 2012 as the year you bought Windows 8. You'll be able to tell the story to your grandkids by candlelight on a thundery Halloween night and scare the Bejasus out of them :confused:

The AMD A-10 series is pretty good. I would stay away from it though since it is an APU. 7.5 on the Windows Experience Index is really good. Change of plans though. I am still going for Trainz 2010 Engineers Edition but I have been doing some looking around today and I made the decision to get Windows 8 64 bit. Very close battle between Windows 7 and Windows 8. I had to do some serious thinking on this one switching back and forth between operating systems. Kept on saying to myself, I would get 7, then minutes later changed my mine to 8. There are several reasons why I am going to go for Windows 8. I would like to be up to date as far as technology and computers go. Even though Windows 7 is good, it's almost 5 years old, where as Windows 8 is 2 months old so it is pretty new. I would like to at least keep up with everything even though Windows has gotten rid of the traditional design and switched over to the new Metro design. It's worth taking the time to at least learn something new. Not everything should be easy all the time. Another reason I am getting Windows 8 is because several people on the forum say that Trainz can run on Windows 8 and Trainz performance in Windows 8 is pretty much the same as Vista and Windows 7.

Regarding the AMD APU it is worth remembering the word "budget" in the title of this thread. Its an extremely powerful processor at a bargain price and while I have only read a little about it I have seen a suggestion that installing an AMD GPU can give the equivalent of a Crossfire setup, though I may be wrong on this.

Back