Infractions

Not that I'm aware of. If you wish to complain about an infraction, you must contact the Helpdesk. The Code of Conduct may have more details about it.

Shane

As i have been advise, if a forum has penaltes it must be displayed for all to see within an advitised code of conduct so there can be no mistakes made,
just asking shane thanks

Give me a minute to check, then I can let you know.

Shane

EDIT: Here is the relevant section from the Code of Conduct:

Violations and Penalties
Violation or infringement of any of the rules in this Code of Conduct may result in the immediate revocation, suspension or termination of the privilege to post on N3V's forums or participate in the chat channels. N3V reserves the right to vary the severity and suddenness of the penalty based on the nature of the violation. N3V reserves the right to refuse to post or remove any posts, material or links that we deem unacceptable, offensive or in violation of the rules without further notice. We also reserve the right to suspend, prohibit or terminate the registration of any user who violates the rules from using the site or site related services without warning.
N3V staff and N3V appointed forum moderators are the sole arbiters as to what constitutes a violation of the Code of Conduct.
Penalties will be applied in N3V's discretion as follows:
  1. Subject to the severity of any breach, generally, a first violation will result in a warning. A second violation will result in a temporary two week ban. Further violations will result in a one month ban. Repeated and severe violations may attract a longer or permanent ban at N3V's discretion.
  2. Severe and/or repeat violations may attract a permanent ban without warning.
Note 1: If possible, warning(s) will be sent to the infringing user's email account. If email warnings are bounced, N3V will apply a temporary ban on that account until the user contacts us.
Note 2: Account bans may be applied to multiple accounts if the other accounts originate from the same computer and are believed to be aliases of the account being banned. Using other members accounts to circumvent bans will result in bans being imposed on those accounts too.
All administrative actions taken by the moderators and administrators of these forums and chat channels are final. These actions may include but are not limited to: delete/close/move thread/message, banning, kicking, & account reset. The posting of any personal attacks or criticisms directed at the N3V staff and appointed forum and chat room moderators will not be tolerated.
Should you have any questions or comments on N3V's Trainz Forum and Chat (IRC) Code of Conduct please contact Helpdesk at [URL="http://www.auran.com/helpdesk"]http://www.auran.com/helpdesk[/URL]

Can someone please explain what bouncing an email means

Note 1: If possible, warning(s) will be sent to the infringing user's email account. If email warnings are bounced, N3V will apply a temporary ban on that account until the user contacts us.

because this is not explained as well, and in order to heed the warning it must be explained
steve

Can someone please explain what bouncing an email means

An email is "bounced" (returned to sender) if it cannot be delivered to the specified address - sometimes because the address was incorrectly typed and sometimes because the email address does not exist - technically both are the same.

For example: If an email is sent to (and I just made up this address) ..

joebloggs@nofixedabode.com (apologies if this address is real).

If a mail server at "nofixedabode.com" does exist then it will attempt to locate the user name "joebloggs". If the user is not in its database then it will bounce the email back to the senders address.

If the mail server "nofixedabode.com" does NOT exist then one of the routing computers through which the email was sent will eventually bounce it back.

Peter Ware

'Bounced' emails simply mean an email message that cannot be deliverable at the receiver's end - either the email address listed with Auran has been suspended by the email provider or user, or the email address has become inactive (free email accounts like Hotmail require the user to log into it at least once every 30 days or they're suspended), and hence the email host will alert Auran notifying them the email can't be sent.

It can also happen with email accounts which have a limited inbox capacity that has been reached due to the user not cleaning out their inbox regularly.

I guess a particuilarly zealous email filter could also cause such an email to bounce as well, but that usually doesn't return it to sender, but simply deletes it before it reaches the inbox.

Either way, legally as far as Auran is concerned, it's the user's responsibility to make sure the email address they provided to Auran on registration is active and kept up to date for this reason.

Steve, in the simplest terms I can think of....bounced E-Mail is E-Mail "returned to sender" as undeliverable.
the account was closed.......the in-box is 'full' and I'm sure there are more.

Dave

Whoops, sorry guys....your posts went up while I was typing......hehehe

Last edited:
thanks guy, i really didn't know what it meant
and also understandable with an email being dodgy.
thank you

Last edited:
Back