small multiplayer route

elanachan

Hey there, I finally managed to hook a friend or two up with the game and I'd like to find a north american route that supports multiplayer sessions of 2 to 3 people. As much as I like the Mojave route, the 6 player minimum it has is a bit much with the number of people I expect to be playing with, even if I control multiple trains.

I have considered the idea of making a version of the Mojave session that would allow a smaller number of people to play, as well as make some of the rolling stock a bit more in line with what's prototypical of the route (some of the rolling stock that shows up in the default multiplayer session is russian), but that does have it's limits with the target number of people.

I would recommend any of Philskene's routes, but since you mentioned you didn't care for the Russian rolling stock, I hesitate.

Small is Beautiful

I was beginning to think that I was the only person who found the lack of interactions in the the large scale multiplayer routes just a little too boring.

So if you are looking for a small route that suitable for just a few players that will see lots of interactions, you might like to try my routes and sessions.

See for example:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=73597&highlight=multiplayer

You will find multiplayer sessions for:
KrashnburneRRCo TS12
DowntownTractionCo TS12
IntenCity TS12

Make sure all players print out the map and work sheet that is in the folder containing the session.

Phil

Hey phil, I've already tried krashnburne, aside from a few missing cabooses (for the ATSF engines) I'm quite pleased with the route and session other than the time it's taking to learn the locations of things. Is the locations of stuff showing up on the screen route specific or is it something I can enable? I can't remember.

Also I'm still working on my version of the PO&N which I intend to make a multiplayer session for but I'm still not done with it, still in the process of adding/replacing signals and installing switch machines on the main line.

"Is the locations of stuff showing up on the screen route specific or is it something I can enable?"

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this?

Do you mean in the Map View? If so, the answer is yes. There is an options menu that is accessed at the green flashing light at the top left. It gives the option of showing switch indications, ... .

Phil

Back