HTML Assets for Triggers Tutorial

When I replaced one switch list with a copy of the asset thumbnail, that displayed correctly. Misery.
The two original sessions still work fine. I've checked and rechecked spelling and punctuation several times, and will again tomorrow, but ?????

Welcome to the misery that is called "debugging HTML". Without seeing your HTML code I would suspect a spelling or punctuation error - yes I know you have checked that several times already but I too have been down that path only to later spot the error in a "DUH" moment.

Peter Ware

Thanks, Peter. I'd agree (and I'll check again) except that when I substituted the thumbnail for the switch list under the same name, it showed right up in Trainz. So Trainz is displaying an image but somehow the image itself is not displayable, is how it looks to me. Where would one find a discussion of what image types, sizes, resolutions etc. work in Trainz?

:B~\

Where would one find a discussion of what image types, sizes, resolutions etc. work in Trainz?

Of the top of my head - JPEG, TGA (with no compression) and (strangely for HTML) BMP.

Peter Ware

Correction: Its TGA (with no compression) not TIF

Last edited:
Peter, the issue turned out to be with the graphic elements. The two early successes did not involve Paint Shop Pro; the difficulties arose from editing the originals in PSP 9. Apparently PSP 9 writes a JPG that Trainz cannot, for some reason, display correctly, hence the little black squares. I have since regenerated the JPGs from Acrobat, then cropped and resized them in MSOffice Picture Manager, and they display correctly. Trainz 2009 also did not like PSP's version of TGA but I haven't tried another. I'm not prepared to speak to BMP; again, I only tried a bitmap generated by PSP.

Thanks for holding my hand....

:B~)

Hi Peter .... you could republish this great tutorial as the photos do not show up anymore. Thank you very much,
João Sergio, from Brazil.

Back