5.17 kbp/s- Content manager??

By buying a first class ticket, otherwise that's what you get, horse manure at 5.17kbps.

Fran1 is correct.

The free access is limited to ~5KB/s.

To improve it, you must buy and activate a First Class Ticket.

Shane

Patience

this is horse crap!!!! how could i ever get what i need for the game, then???
With patience.

Select what you want to download, start it and go to sleep. Thats how I do it.
Even with 5kb/sec you easely make the 100mb daily max in a good night of sleep.

You can download it here: http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=863&highlight=horse

You get what you pay for ... You pay for what you get !:hehe:

You can shovel my snow, just one time ... and earn enough for a FCT.

http://narrow.parovoz.com/gallery/RU...60320_3053.jpg
http://narrow.parovoz.com/gallery/RU...60320_3051.jpg
http://narrow.parovoz.com/gallery/RU...60320_3052.jpg

You can hook your PC up to 440v and download real fast for 0.121 seconds ... I have a propane powered PC & TV, runs for 5 years on one tank full of propane.

Last edited:
Yeah probably, I have Virgin Media Fibre Optic so it is very fast

What is very fast? Do you have fiber coming into your house? If so you're likely paying close to a thousand $ a month for it.

Don't let Virgin Media's marketing crap mislead you. It all gets bottle necked somewhere. It should be delivered into your house over standard copper telephone wire or coax cable. Nothing different than your neighbor who has a different isp. ISP's deliberately bottleneck your bandwidth to build value into paying higher price points for more. It's kind of like restricting the air you breath. If this was the case we would all see the value in paying for air. :D

Just thought I would note that. I used to work for Time Warner Cable selling data services to businesses.

Dude, I'm stuck with dial-up where I live. That's my average speed for everything. FCT is useless to me.
Patience is the key. If it's a map, just get the tracks and ground textures to make sure you'll like it. If you do, start with the main buildings and work your way down. Might take a few days but you'll get there. The one thing I liked is it forced me to be selective and I didn't end up with 30 GB of stuff I would never use.
Once the route building bug bit, I deleted all other routes and whittled my third party content to under 5GB, including rolling stock, in older versions. Now, with the Mac version, I only have the Yarn road system, some track laying guides, JR's signals and Profig's trees. The built in content is sufficient to build just about anything I want. I have EK3 installed and will probably spend the winter replacing all the missing content with built in for my own use. Did that a lot in 2006.
It can be done but if your main use is to download routes, a FCT will be mandatory if you're not willing to spread it out over a few days.

Dave......

thanks

Thank you all for your fast responses,just gotta wait now for a couple weeks to buy a FCT.....its cool though, im havin fun

I can tell you, you will not regret buying one when you can.

I bought one earlier this year, and it allows me to download hundreds of megabytes of content in a single session (and at up to 350-400KB a second, although it may be higher if you have a fast connection)

Shane

What is very fast? Do you have fiber coming into your house? If so you're likely paying close to a thousand $ a month for it.

Don't let Virgin Media's marketing crap mislead you. It all gets bottle necked somewhere. It should be delivered into your house over standard copper telephone wire or coax cable. Nothing different than your neighbor who has a different isp. ISP's deliberately bottleneck your bandwidth to build value into paying higher price points for more. It's kind of like restricting the air you breath. If this was the case we would all see the value in paying for air. :D

Just thought I would note that. I used to work for Time Warner Cable selling data services to businesses.
Mate,
I think you are very mis-informed! I have never had such a fast connection before VM and it is always clear and never gets bottle-necked. All the more reason to get it. We are only paying £19 a month for it and it is a small cost for such great service. Also, most people I know in the UK have cable going into their house.:)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your fast responses,just gotta wait now for a couple weeks to buy a FCT.....its cool though, im havin fun

Glad to hear it.

Mate,
I think you are very mis-informed! I have never had such a fast connection before VM and it is always clear and never gets bottle-necked. All the more reason to get it. We are only paying £19 a month for it and it is a small cost for such great service. Also, most people I know in the UK have cable going into their house.:)

I was just saying I've never heard of any residential service physically bringing fiber optic cable to your door step. I've ran into some folks who believe they have fiber service because their isp advertises a "fiber based" network. Every provider uses a fiber network but that doesn't mean it's fiber all the way to your house. It still travels over copper wire at some point. The water company doesn't build the 5ft diameter water main into your house. Of course not, it bottle necks to a smaller pipe at the curb. Cable/DSL it all uses copper wire. My isp advertises a fiber based network but it still travels over copper wire through my backyard then to my house. I average about 5 Mbps download speed for $20 a month and that's sufficient for me. I'm guessing you have similar speed for £19 a month. I'm sure it's working great for you. At least this is where we are in the US. But who knows maybe Europe has better telecommunication services than the US just like public transportation. :D

Last edited:
Fiber optic based is the way to go. I am connected to AT&T with the roomie I share the house with and we are getting about 11.5 Mbps downloads. That's about a fifteenfold improvement over our old DSL provider. Of course, I don't get that from the DLS, but it really makes Net surfing a joy, especially when I'm doing research. It screams for a price that is comparable to cable and without the slowdowns at peak periods.

Bernie

Last edited:
They are running a 25% discount sale on FCT, untill Jan 9th, I believe ... A One Year FCT is the best most affordable buy.

TS10 and TS12 are also on sale, or pretty good buys right now ... especially if you have a voucher, and have "accept vochers, E-Mail" ticked on your profile.

You can expect @ 375kbs with a FCT, as opposed to 3.57kbs without a FCT.

Back