Looking for MRL Route Map

Logman

The title says it all. I am interested in running MP but would like to have a map to help me along the way. Any help is appreciated.

Im tentatively working on one. I used to have one back in 06 with the trainz map tool, but I cant get that to work in TRS12. But here is a list of towns, yards, and industrial areas along the way. Starting out in the West end of the railroad and heading East.

West End (Staging, P1)
Elliston
Hellena (yard)
| Line branches off here: Wolf Creek
| Cascade
| Greatfalls (Yard/Staging)
Louisvill
Winston
Bedford (Interchange track, but interchange is not used in session. Can be though I guess. Next version might have a portal here.)
Townsend
Toston
Lombard
Clarkston
Trident (Fun little area to work. Needs different flat cars for the tractor loads)
Logan (Coal Mine)
Logan Yard (Yard and I think the portal is called Logan Portal)
Manhattan
Belgrade (industrial area)
Bozeman (Small yard)
Mont Ellis
Chestnut
Muir
Billman
Livingston (Yard)
Mission (Just a little wye just out side of Livingston yard)
Elton
Springdale
Carney
Big Timber
Grey Cliff
Reed Point
Spring Time
Craver
Columbus
Rapids
Winsett Point
Young's Point
Park City
Spurling
Laurel (Yard)
Yegen
Mossmain
Billings (Yard)
Lockwood
Huntly
East End

Now most of the yards have industry's in them. This is just a list of the towns, but not the layout of each, and not the distances between them. If the Trainsz map tool works with TRS12, I can whip a good map up. If not, I have one other trick I can pull off that will get it working.

Sounds Good

If it will help I am going to start an excel spreadsheet listing all the industries by location. Going to do it thru mini map view so I will not be able to see if they are active or not.

It will however take some time to complete the 300 miles.

Edit: Scratch that went from East End to Logan found very few industries and those were not set up except Bozeman Power. So basically this is a point to point route like mojave.

Steve

Last edited:
That would be too cool! I live in Lockwood clear out on the east end of the MRL. I wish the route had the real grades to. There is a lot of helper service around Livingston on Bozeman Pass and on Mullan Pass near Helena.

If you use the MP session, the industries are set up and working. I know Tridant was working as I was switching that the other day.

Also, it should be noted, that the route is 300 miles long, thats a lot of ground to cover. I just tried to set up a few basic industries as I went to get some thing playable out the door. I will, once I figure out how to just to an update rather then upload a whole new route, add more industries.

I think why they fail to show up as working is a layer issue. I think if I set them while in the session layer, they will only work in that session, and not in any session. This is an untested theory though. But I will take a look at it when I can.

Between work, museum, life, other routes, my model trains, Trainz kinda gets bumped back a bit.

Last edited:
jib,if i put in new stations from end to end and set them up could you add this session to your and marge them?or would you want to?

While looking for something else amongst my PDF files I saw that I had the original Trainz Pro Route map for MRL. I remembered this thread and wonder if this is what you guys are looking for ?

It is 44 pages long and has a lot of detail and from a quick look at it I can see industries mentioned and details of all the yards.

If it is what you are after let me know and I will try to help out.

Craig
:):):)

jib,if i put in new stations from end to end and set them up could you add this session to your and marge them?or would you want to?

While I appreciate the thought, I dont think it would work too well. You'd have to edit the route to put them in. Unless you did them on a different layer, and I merged the layers. The problem with that is then I have to go and connect all the track.

Ill put "Add working stations" on my "MRL to do" list. And in my free time I'll start making the changes I see that people want.

While I appreciate the thought, I dont think it would work too well. You'd have to edit the route to put them in. Unless you did them on a different layer, and I merged the layers. The problem with that is then I have to go and connect all the track.

Ill put "Add working stations" on my "MRL to do" list. And in my free time I'll start making the changes I see that people want.

Jib, If u are adding industries, may I recommend using the new BI2 by MSGsapper. Some folks along with myself have issue with the MIN industries.
Just a thought.

As far as not seeing the industries you are correct as I was in surveyor mode and needed to be in session layer to see them.

Last edited:
While looking for something else amongst my PDF files I saw that I had the original Trainz Pro Route map for MRL. I remembered this thread and wonder if this is what you guys are looking for ?

It is 44 pages long and has a lot of detail and from a quick look at it I can see industries mentioned and details of all the yards.

If it is what you are after let me know and I will try to help out.

Craig

Craig, Yes I believe that is the map I had a long time ago. IIRC it even shows how many cars will fit on the yard tracks.

Steve

This is only the map of the route, I can not remember which version of Trainz the map was made for but I think 2004. It should/could work in later versions including 2006.

Craig

Could someone send me a CDP of the MRL route,i can't get it to down load completey. It stop at the end and won't finish.
Via my proflie's e-mail.
I don't need the dependences just route and session for multiplayer

Last edited:
Jib, If u are adding industries, may I recommend using the new BI2 by MSGsapper. Some folks along with myself have issue with the MIN industries.
Just a thought.

As far as not seeing the industries you are correct as I was in surveyor mode and needed to be in session layer to see them.

I was originally going to use BI2's, but had a issue with them as they showed up faulty on my system. But I believe I have fixed them and will go a head and start putting them in

jib228, could you get on skype and send me a CDP of the route?
The one i need is <kuid:344263:100026> I finnaley got the 3.6 build after three days,but now i understand that i need this one!
For some reson i can't get it to down load even with a FCT.
I think my internet has a MB limit on us out here in the boondocks.

I would Danny, but I am working on a huge update. I'm adding more industries, changing the trees, changing the track, changing the signals, and making a few fixes we have found.

It was going to just be an update, as I think I have figured out how to do that. But with all the changes I am making I think a new route is what Ill post. But Ill see. Its still a ways off, maybe a week or so. Ive put my self into full over drive on working on this route after having an exceptional op session on it.

Back