The Burnmouth & Union Railroad (Warning: Large Pics)

rbar_164

Best served cold
G'day folks,

As some may notice from the USA Screenshots thread I have been working on a route based loosely on the HO 'Franklin and South Manchester' layout in Model Railroader Magazine. Set in the late 40's, but with 20's traffic for a greater (and origanaly intended) effect, Burnmouth is located North-east of Pennsylvania, with trains running as far as New York State. With the route, I brought about my own Railroad, The Burnmouth and Union (B&URR). This route, Rollingstock and locomotives are my main contribution to Trainzpa, but, with slow development, only the B&URR F7s and Boxcars are available for the publice to download via http://trainzpa.weebly.com/. The route currently consits of Burnmouth station, yard and engine depot, plus a short section of trackage. further progress into the industrial city will be added during the coming months. I have started this thread to isolate my, and beta tester's, screenshots for proper analisis so, as an Aussie, I can get opinions and advice to add realism to the route, for its location and purpose.

...so to start it off, I begin with these shots of some of my reskins of Ben Neal's beautiful steam creations, circa 1947...

...MT #611 gets a professional's 'once-over' before returning to service...
timothetoolman201112260.jpg

...while 4-4-0 #6 waits for its turn on the turntable...

...later, #611 takes over a northbound freight...

...so, leave your comments and enjoy :)

Cheers
Stevo

Thanks fellas,

Now, don't go begging for it Taylor, or I'll put you in my ignore list...

...ok, heres the Loco Roster that Burnmouth Roundhouse currently play host to...

...4-8-2 (MT) no.s 616, 619 and 611...
timothetoolman201112270.jpg

...Baldwin 2-8-2 No.s 8, 14 and 10, with more to come...

...4-8-2 (Pacific) No.s 61, 65 and soon 66...

...4-4-0 yard shunter No. 6, with no. 4 in the shop...

...Heavy 2-8-2 No. 66...

...and a variety of F7s, ranging in numbers and additions, such as snow plow, icebreaker, ditchlights and others...

...I am currently looking for an express passenger steam locomotive. If anyone knows of some good ones leave the name and creator in a reply and I'll see what I can do.
I'm also hunting for some good tunnels, suited to the great depression era. If anyone knows of these drop them in the reply as well...

Cheers
Stevo

...a pair of locos drag their trains across the pair of bridges, towards the main yard...

...with a new tunnel almost complete, I'll be laying more track soon, including a small freight yard that someone is building for me :)

Cheers
Stevo

...so not much intrest? :( Oh well, here are more shots anyway...

...#611 pulls the 'Burnmouth Limited' over the Metzger river, passing the tied up fishing boats after their day out at sea...
timothetoolman201112280.jpg

Cheers
Stevo

Great work Stevo even if those abominations known as diesels make there appearance on the B&URR.:hehe: I really like the feel of a dirty and industrial railroad and you seem to have the right eye for it. I can't wait to see more of this route.:Y:

I believe I spotted a B&URR box car here on the L&A spotted at a small station to be loaded with Kentucky's finest tobacco for the cigar factories up north ;)

...starting to incorperate some of the origanal inspiration...

...The above tunnel is not yet released so please do not ask :)

More pics can be seen here:
http://trainzpa.weebly.com/burnmouth--union.html

Leave your comments :)

Cheers
Stevo

Hey rbar 164, Where did you get that tunnel. The layout is looking great! Cant wait to see those engines on Trainz PA. I also got your F7s and installed them and for some reason all of my JR stuff disappeared from working to not even there. I reinstalled the game and everything on it, Maybe they will work this time. Looks great though :udrool::udrool::mop:!
MTW

I was going to have to be smart and ask anyway. Seriously, The way you have the pics back dated just make the route look so much better. My sincere compliments to you.

Why thanks, fellas :D

Thanks Jackie, didn't wanna have to say that myself :p

@Ben: LOL :p :hehe:

@Thai1On: Well, thats a reefer actually, and that Billboard caught my eye for 2 reasons - 1, it had the reds and yellows I was after, and 2, I saw a tin toy of one of the Banjo playing figures on 'American Pickers' :hehe:

Cheers
Stevo

Back