Multliplayer UMR Summer TS12

With regard to moving rolling stock, I'm not sure if I mentioned the depressed-center flats on the track leading to Lakeridge Station, when they should be on the warehouse siding.

These are some of the more significant upgrades done to the route so far:

-Upgraded signaling system to be more realistic

-have made the grass-splines a little less intrusive over many sidings and yards by lowering them into the ground. (I can remove them for a multiplayer version of the route)

-general texturing improvements

--------------------------------

-Gladston - expanded yard, two new industries (wheat and general goods), straightened approach south of town

-removed Gladston powerstation

-removed unnecessary curves on mainline south of Gladston Port

-made approach to Halden sub. from North a more gentle curve

-removed wye West of Lang W.

-Lang W - same industries, but moved them around and made the sidings a little more realistic - though they are no longer "drive-through" industries.

-Halden - minor cosmetic changes

-removed "roller coaster" hills on mainline south of Clarkseville

-Millhurst - slightly expanded yard, minor cosmetic changes

-Blainseville - re-worked and slightly expanded yard

-Flagston - removed wye

-expanded yard South of Flagston lumber

-Ogden - removed container pier loop track, removed factory

-smoothed out curves West of Ogden on mainline

-removed Caldwell powerstation and lumber yard

-Oakwood - expanded yard, removed tunnel

-removed tunnel south of GHOO jct.

-Wallace - replaced factory with another wheat facility

-Container/Crude pier - adjusted yard, and added backup track to allow switching without entering mainline

-Palmer - expanded main yard to 5 long tracks, added small 2-track local industry yard, added damaged car facility, added small loco facility with turntable, added backup tracks at either end to protect mainline

-removed Barton powerstation - added 2 storage tracks adjacent to mainline

-made curve at top of hill just east of Barton more gentle

-Lakeridge - slightly expanded yard

-made curves in mainline gentler East of Gilby

--------------------------------

Potential/possible upgrades:

-Updated roads and crossings, if I can find ones I like that will work like I want them to

-extension East from Gunnison to join up with Blainseville Jct(?)

I just ran a test with speedtest.net. With 8 open tabs in google chrome (one of which is streaming audio via pandora.com) speedtest.net reported my speeds as 20.10 mps download and 0.98 mps upload. Road Runner is what I am using.

We both have great "client" speeds but terrible "server" potential.

With an upload speed of 750 kbs or .75 mbs you could probably act quite well as a server with a small route and a limited number of players (which is what I am working on developing).

It doesn't matter how big of a connection you have, you will always have latency issue with a route this size, due to the amount of data being transfered. This goes for the server side and the client side. I've sat on TS and listened to all the complaining about switches being locked by trains that aren't there and about switches that throw under trains. Then you have the complaints about people that derail, when in actuality it's probably not even their fault. It's all about the same issue, latency. Anyone who has run Trainz knows what kind of the resource hog it is, because of the data that it processes, run it over the internet and the problem multiples.

Back