RRMods new modern BNSF 5-bay coal hopper

guido73

Covered hoppers
here are some TS2009 screenies of my Freightcar/Johnstown America Autoflood 3 project long in the making that's finally seeing some daylight. they've been beta-tested and I'll try to get em out before xmas day. in the meantime, enjoy!

BNSF H2 JAC single and double rotary hoppers
BNSF_H2_AF3_01.jpg

BNSF_H2_AF3_02.jpg

BNSF_H2_AF3_03.jpg

BNSF_H2_AF3_04.jpg

BNSF H3 FCA single and double rotary hoppers
BNSF_H3_AF3_01.jpg

BNSF_H3_AF3_02.jpg

BNSF_H3_AF3_03.jpg

BNSF_H3_AF3_04.jpg

BNSF_H3_AF3_05.jpg

Me Likey!! :D really nice work!! Can't wait for the release! Keep up the good work!

Brandon

Bethlehem Johnstown...

:cool: The LAKX cars built 5-81 at about $83,000 each, wore Bethlehem Johnstown labels...does that car fit the your current build?

They originally had round cross stakes in the top of the inside of the car that were about 8-inches in diameter. They could not stand the pressure of flood-loading and dropped into the car and onto the unloading trestle. I don't know if they replaced them with channel or not.:eek:

They have been in service a full twenty years now. They have had side-chords replaced, a washed reporting marks "box," and 11 were replaced after a wreak on the CSX K&A Subdivision, so some of them do not look as terrible as others...:hehe:

I like to follow your RDVI cars underneath whilst they unload and watch the door mechanism... :eek:

Keep up your good work and "don't fear the polygons.":wave:

Back