G-whiz...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicland

TrainMaster
It's baaaack! Still a lot of work to do on the plumbing (which is where I left off), and I've got to add all the attachment points back by hand, but my CNJ G4 rides again.
G4.jpg

Still in basic black here, when finished it'll also be proudly decked in Packard and Royal Blue, suitable for pulling "The Blue Comet". Though the mesh was lost years ago (2005 to be exact), I've been able to resurrect it (and just in time for Easter) via arcane sorcery, and only had to re-texture everything (and, of course, add those pesky attachment points by hand, as I'd mentioned earlier). No further discussion of methods will be entertained, but suffice it to say, it shouldn't be long now before it's once again running around in Trainz (strangely enough, I still have the mesh for it's tender).

Hey Magicland

Is that your first steamer?

OT: Pm me when you get the chance please. I need some help scripting those ACE (your GO) wagons for 06. :)

AJ

Hey Magicland

Is that your first steamer?

OT: Pm me when you get the chance please. I need some help scripting those ACE (your GO) wagons for 06. :)

AJ

Well, some of it's mine (such as the Wooten firebox, Elesco feedwater heater, etc.), some of it's from Marlboro's Steam Construction Kit, though by the time I get done revising the plumbing I think every poly will have either been replaced or modified from the original, though I still couldn't have done it without Marl's base to work from.

Ha-HA! I knew you'd get back to making that G4 soon enough. Didn't think it'd be this lond to find the mesh.

I'm glad I still have my Gold Membership.

I'm having a bit of a problem with it at the moment. I've added all the attachment points, exported to Trainz, but it isn't showing up. All the dependencies are there, it's actually being placed, but you can't see it. If you switch from surveyor to driver, it shows up a good bit off the tracks with a lovely red exclamation point over it. I'm assuming something isn't in the right place, or the correct orientation, but I haven't yet found out what. I've checked a.limfront and a.limback (the two most likely culprits), and they seem to be fine, and I've also checked the bogey attachment points (both for position and orientation). I don't think any of the steam attachments should be causing a problem, but I'm going to run through them all and try and eliminate everything that could cause the problem until I find it. The config.txt file is fine as it works great with the old unfinished exported mesh.

This was after I fixed one problem I had where it couldn't even be placed, that turned out to be because the method I used to restore my mesh made all the textures multi-subobject. I was scratching my head on that one for a bit until I recalled that Trainz doesn't support more than one multi-subobject texture per mesh. Converted them back to standard textures and it worked fine, except, of course, that you can't see it.

The finished engines will be freeware, however the rest of the Blue Comet consist will be a "Member's Only" thing (only mentioning it because someone asked).

What a difference a "-" makes! a.bog1 had the right numbers, but the wrong sign. Instead of being at the back of the engine, it was at the same location as a.bog0 (and, of course, checking the numbers they looked fine).

Now I can get back to the ol' drawing board...
Screen_112f.jpg

Screen_114f.jpg

CNJ Pacific

What a difference a "-" makes! a.bog1 had the right numbers, but the wrong sign. Instead of being at the back of the engine, it was at the same location as a.bog0 (and, of course, checking the numbers they looked fine).

Now I can get back to the ol' drawing board...
Screen_112f.jpg

Screen_114f.jpg
It looks done. Why isn't it released?

AJ_Fox was the last person to post in this thread, and as you can see it was in 2007. You decided to post in an almost 2 year old thread that should be dead right now, which you shouldn't do. Like what was already said, the creator has moved on, and most likely won't be back. You don't seem to get the fact that people have lives outside of trainz. Trainz is just a time-consuming hobby that creators can get tired of after a while and move on to something else. You need to respect Magicland's decision to leave, along with some of the people who's threads you have revived already. So please just stop.

Robby

AJ_Fox was the last person to post in this thread, and as you can see it was in 2007. You decided to post in an almost 2 year old thread that should be dead right now, which you shouldn't do. Like what was already said, the creator has moved on, and most likely won't be back. You don't seem to get the fact that people have lives outside of trainz. Trainz is just a time-consuming hobby that creators can get tired of after a while and move on to something else. You need to respect Magicland's decision to leave, along with some of the people who's threads you have revived already. So please just stop.

Robby
The thread is three years old:n:

You decided to post in an almost 2 year old thread that should be dead right now, which you shouldn't do. You don't seem to get the fact that people have lives outside of trainz.
Here we go again.:eek:
Routine is:
1 - Tell people not to post in old threads even though the subject is relevent.
2 - This is followed by someone starting new threads that they will also be told not to post.
Summary of both: Don't post unless someone, "in the clique," says so.
I thought I left cliques behind me in high school.
One of the reasons this community goes downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back