NS Central Division CNO&TP Second District...and more.

Yo Woody !

I just now noticed your thread , Doh !
Great to see you back at creating a route , it is looking good .
But better still is the fact that you are alive and well and back on the Forum .

--- ,dave
Good to hear from you Dave!
Yes, I'm still creating, really enjoying this latest creation.

Woody,

You could give these a spin on that route:

http://jointedrail.com/index.php?option=com_acfilepayments&view=download&Itemid=594

NS Business unit F units.
Chris, trust me, they've made many of a run down my line. :D
I also have custom horns for them, made from recordings of the actual locomotives. The Chessie K5LA included just shames the units. LOL. One of these days, I'll get a quick video of them made on upload it. ;)

Cheers,
Woody

Update

Construction on this route has stalled for now. Got bored with it. :p

Not to worry, I haven't been lazy, currently working on a fictional, 2011 era Tennessee Central, under CSX ownership. Thank God for Paul's DEM's!

Cheers,
Woody

Construction on this route has stalled for now. Got bored with it. :p

Not to worry, I haven't been lazy, currently working on a fictional, 2011 era Tennessee Central, under CSX ownership. Thank God for Paul's DEM's!

Cheers,
Woody
I and I think many others, can understand that very well Woody. I have 4 on the go at the moment even if slowly.

Good luck with your new route and remember to look at your previous work every so often. You never know what new ideas you may come up with.

Craig
:):):)

I am also working on some NS routes like from Chattanooga to Knoxville, Roanoke, VA to Hagerstown, MD and I want to simulate NS's new 21st Century Steam Program, 630 I modeled by swapping bogies on Ben Neal's S&A 750 to make a 2-8-0, and the 4501 is already available from Peter's Trainz, it's Ben's USRA 2-8-2 reskinned. I reskinned some coaches into Norfolk Southern, MILW coaches from DLS plus the dome car to make NS's dome "Delaware". With my NS routes plus the TVRM included on the Chattanooga section, I'll be able to run long distance steam excursions with 630 and 4501, NS freights, and the executive business train with the F's. I also am modeling NS in PA and NJ from Harrisburg to Manville, PA extending an existing route that runs from Reading, PA to Phillipsburg, NJ. Reading and Northern Railroad is also included on that route, it has all the lines, but only the main line up to Mehoopany, PA is finished. The track will continue to Sayre, PA eventually, but that section is leased by NS to the Lehigh Railway short line. Reading and Northern own the 425 and 2102, I wish NS would have teamed with them to run steam trips to Philly and Harrisburg like what happened between 1985 and 1988 (except 1986) when they ran out of Temple station north of Reading plus South Hamburg, PA off of Rt. 61. Conrail at the time let Blue Mountain & Reading (former railroad name) do the trips then. But, the Reading 2102 that pulled a lot of the mainline trips for BM&R and Conrail has been ot of service since Oct 1991 and needs a lot of work to run again. Even 425 is out of service again, it didn't run at all in 2011. A conductor at Reading and Northern/RBMN on an excursion train told me they can't run their coaches on NS (like to Harrisburg and Philly) because of friction bearing restrictions on NS, the coaches are ex-DL&W steel heavyweight coaches with open windows purchased from NJ Transit in 1984 and moved to the Temple-Hamburg line in PA then Port Clinton and Jim Thorpe later on in the 90's, and 2005 when they took over the tourist train in Jim Thorpe and started regular train rides again.

Last edited:
Don't quote this as gospel Young Woody but i think Justin has one planned mate, Well i think so anyway LOL. Keep up the great work Woody.
Cheers Mick.:cool:
im no expert at creating models or anything like that but wouldnt it be easier to modify the AWVR Dash 9 and get permission from the creator and original creator of them to use on JR?

Back