HUD PANEL RULE "NEW"

btvfd

LOCATION ID FOR USE with HUD PANEL RULE
Just done testing and uploaded today and once approved, you will be able to download it from the DLS <kuid2:359354:100088:1>
it is used for next location ID when using the HUD panel rule in TRS2009 and higher.

In surveyor, place in line with your choice of track, Next: CLICK the (?)
Then rename it with the location name and when you start your session the name will show up as next station on the HUD, once train has passed, the next location or station will show up if assigned.

Also works in AUTOPILOT mode, just assign it to your driver and it will set switch's and route to location then train will go to that location.

It also tells you if switches are missing in order to reach assigned location in the message pop up window while running in session, the problem is you will have to find the switch lever that is missing and place it where it needs to be.

Last edited:
looks liek a great idea.. maybe I could use it inmy route can you be a little more specific on how to make use of it in a route...

for a beginner like me... I mean.. I think I under stand but... hate implement it and find after its on dls that its wrong...

Hi
This for my LOCATION ID FOR USE with HUD PANEL RULE

it's not on the DLS yet, it will show up in a day or so... it works simply, kind of like the triggers for AI system but does not need any special complicated track mark trigger commands to navigate to your desired location IE. if you click on the engineers pic of train sitting in a yard and you want it to go to say the other end of your route and that location is called "XYZ".
right click the engineers picture and a drop down menu will appear, click "navigate to" another list will appear in alphabetical order, click the location and the train will now drive there on its own. this item still allows you to change the train back to manual mode by clicking stop train, once you do that you are back in control. with this simple item the train will obey all signaling that are in place, switches will align to the proper route, if a track is blocked by another train, then it will wait for you to move it or to route that train to another location by the above method .
I have tested it in TRS2009 sp4 and with the ASB crossover system as well as the ATLS system and there are NO conflicts with either of those great assets. All signals work without problems as well.

You must use the HUD rule for it to work!!

I will answer all questions to the best of my ability.

Last edited:
Wow! It sounds too good to be true! If it does what you've designed I know many members will be quite happy. Well done!

hud panel

i will make a step by step direction information note if needed and will post here. it's very simple.

will do it as soon as i go through all the steps and write them down.

thanks for your reply I was not sure it I had it correct or not seems I did under stand...

one more thing in you first post you said " In surveyor, place in line with your choice of track, Next: CLICK the (?)
Then rename it with the location name and when you start your session the name will show up as next station on the HUD" how does that work....????

HUD id location track

hi

well simply put ; find a location in which you want to assign a name like XYZ, place the item there and now give it a name by clicking the (?) on the right lower side of the screen.
now attach your track to it and wa la it's done.
if you have a spot that you want to use it and the track is already in place you will have to splice it in and same as above.
when you are in driver mode you can manualy assign the any train to drive to that spot on the map or like i have set up on mine, i route the train to several locations . the train will go there in the order you have selected ie.
1 river sub 2 mission jct and so on. you can and if i remember right when the route is completed the train will then return to the starting point. the main point of this item was to show next location like when you have train station on the route those show up in hud mode, howevre you may want a train crossing to show up or a point in which you might want someone to know what it there.
i think i might need to make a video and post it so it will be easier to understand its use.

thanks for your reply I was not sure it I had it correct or not seems I did under stand...

one more thing in you first post you said " In surveyor, place in line with your choice of track, Next: CLICK the (?)
Then rename it with the location name and when you start your session the name will show up as next station on the HUD" how does that work....????[/quote]
when you view the assigned train while running it appears in the upper part on the hud screen ,there is a station icon to the left of the name. once you pass that location the next assigned name will show up in the order in which your train is heading. if there is a large distance between them there might be a delay in which, once the train gets close enough it will appear.

Back