Error Fixing Video Series

captainkman

You are reading this.
Hello,

I've started a series on YouTube for people who do not know how to fix certain errors they encounter.

Episode 1 is up already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkulXgGrzvI&feature/

It details how to fix the error "Unable to Load Mesh File...".

I hope this series is useful to most Trainz users who are new. :)

If you'd like to know other errors I will be fixing, I can tell you that ones involving textures and incorrectly spelt config fields.

Kieran (You might as well know my name. :p )

Hello,

I've started a series on YouTube for people who do not know how to fix certain errors they encounter.

Episode 1 is up already. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkulXgGrzvI&feature/

It details how to fix the error "Unable to Load Mesh File...".

I hope this series is useful to most Trainz users who are new. :)

If you'd like to know other errors I will be fixing, I can tell you that ones involving textures and incorrectly spelt config fields.

Kieran (You might as well know my name. :p )

Excellent idea. We are all appreciative of your efforts.
:)

Thank you for your support. If you have any other errors you'd like to see in the series, please tell me! I'm actually stuck on errors to fix! But I found a wagon with 2 different errors that I will cover in Episode 2. I'm just waiting for a free half-hour!

Episode 2 will probably be up after Christmas. I'm busy Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And Boxing Day I'll probably be doing this: :udrool: over my recent e-bay buys.

And I think that this being a Sticky is a great idea!

Last edited:
about the error fixing, i heard a while back that TSMac and TRS run content a little differently, and that may mean an engine/car/whatever converted to run in TSMac wouldn't work in TRS and vice versa, so maybe one could be how to convert standard content back and forth. Not entirely sure how that would work out, but it's a thought.

about the error fixing, i heard a while back that TSMac and TRS run content a little differently, and that may mean an engine/car/whatever converted to run in TSMac wouldn't work in TRS and vice versa, so maybe one could be how to convert standard content back and forth. Not entirely sure how that would work out, but it's a thought.
I don't have both TS2010 and TS Mac.

And I don't think it could be done. But I'm probably wrong.

And it'd need someone with TS Mac and TS2010 or another version to do it.

Unless someone had access to both the Mac version and a TRS version, then it might not be done, if it is possible.

Mate

Just a 'ditto" to all the other compliments on this idea. Now I will be able to get more downloaded items working. I have learnt a few things in the months I've been back Trainzing, but the mesh fix has had me stumped.
Have a great Xmas, and enjoy the cool weather we are having - much better for that Xmas dinner.

Bob (CRO)

Very informative ! I have had my share of Error Fixing ... mostly typos, and missing " " marks.

What makes a trainzbuild 2.9 asset not show up in TRS2006, or should I say ... what prevents it from showing up (I know it is not supposed to, and it is designed not to show up in TRS2006).

I have changed all the trainzbuilds in all the dependencies, but I presume it is because of PM not working in TRS2006, or some other wording in the config file.

Last edited:
Very informative ! I have had my share of Error Fixing ... mostly typos, and missing " " marks.

What makes a trainzbuild 2.9 asset not show up in TRS2006, or should I say ... what prevents it from showing up (I know it is not supposed to, and it is designed not to show up in TRS2006).

I have changed all the trainzbuilds in all the dependencies, but I presume it is because of PM not working in TRS2006, or some other wording in the config file.
Thanks for your comment.

i'm not sure on that one, having uninstalled TC 1&2 and everything below to make way for TS2010. Therefore, there is no way to check. And I thought TS2006 would have trouble with the IM files, not PM files, as one of the warnings in TS2010 is that the asset has a PM mesh, and it wants an IM mesh.

I'm getting underway on Episode 2, which will have me fixing some texture errors.

Episode 2 is up already!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIGrVFcQkKQ

I fix a bogey asset with a missing texture.

For the series, I've decided against fixing assets with multiple unrelated errors (texture and mesh, etc) in one go, unless I have a lot of people wanting that item fixed.

Suggestions, questions and comments welcome!

And stickyness welcome too. Just waiting for a Moderator to stumble on this thread.

Thank you, Captainkman, for sharing your knowledge. I somehow missed the debut of your series but nos that I have found it I have subscribed to this thread and plan to guard the link jealously.

Bernie

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your comments.

Episode 3 should be up next week. I start school soon, so next week will be my last chance to get more episodes done.

If you have any requests for an error you'd like help fixing, please tell me! I'm running out of errors and need your suggestions!

If you'd like me to fix an entire asset in a special episode, suggest it, and if others would also like that asset fixed, I'll give it a go in a special episode.

Well, my suggestion for a project would be how to fix Magicland's beautiful SP Daylight cars, KUID:58843:95 and following, search "SP Daylight" on the DLS.

Bernie

Well, my suggestion for a project would be how to fix Magicland's beautiful SP Daylight cars, KUID:58843:95 and following, search "SP Daylight" on the DLS.

Bernie
Ok. I'll delete and reinstall them. If others agree with that suggestion, it'll be a special video. Maybe for Episode 5. I think every 5th epidode will be a special where I fix an entire asset or a train and dependencies.

you know the crazy thing about this is no one has come up with this idea before
i learnt the hard way,keep up the good work

cheers,
patchy

Back