NYCTA Support

In trainz 2009, for Magicland's R62, would anyone know how to correct this error.

Error: Texture 'nycta_r62_body/poles.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'NYCTA R62 Subway car\nycta_r62_body\nycta_r62_body.im'.

How to correct R62 error (and any similar error for Magicland's cars)

First, you must go to the PEV Downloads page and download their free "PM2IM" software program. It is used to convert older progressive mesh files ".pm" into the current used ".im" mesh files.

• - Open up the problem car for edit in Content Manager (in this case the R62).
    - Open up PM2IM and under the options drop-down menu, select "Strip Textures".
    - Once this is selected, select File>Open.
    - A window will appear, and you should navigate it to C:>Program Files x86>Auran>TS2009>UserData>editing>NYCTA R62 Subway Car>NYCTA_R62_Body. Select the file that says "nycta_r62_body" and hit open.

- The program will spit out several lines of text, the last of which should say "Conversion Done".

- Close out PM2IM, and commit the asset using Content Manager. The car should work golden now. IIRC, the error stems from the pole texture on his cars being referenced in the wrong place on the mesh--stripping the texture map and re-committing seems to do the trick. It helped when I ran into the same problem with the R40 Slant. From what I gather, several of his cars have this same problem, so just follow the above steps for all the problem cars, obviously replacing the R62 references above with whatever car you're working on.

Hope that helps!

-A :wave:

Thanks Acelejalde. The R62 is not faulty anymore. I can finally enjoy running the R62 subway car without trainz lagging.

I have a question about replacing the route textures on Magicland's R62 with acelejalde's.

I cloned both the car and the route textures, so that I can have a car with Magicland's original textures and one with the updated ones. In the cloned car's config file, I swapped out the KUID for magicland's textures with the cloned route textures. After I did that, I followed all the steps to replacing the original textures with the new ones, which worked when there was no cloning and I was updating the original asset, but once I updated the cloned route textures, the table for selecting routes and destinations was empty in the game. I have no idea what I did wrong, does anyone know how to fix this?

It helped when I ran into the same problem with the R40 Slant.

Are you referring to jeffmoris' R40? Or did magicland end up releasing his after all?

Last edited:
Magicland's release was Payware and is no longer available. I was simply alluding to the fact that all of Magicland's cars have that poles problem in one form or another.

I am having a problem with some track and stations. The stations and track were there but now gone. does any one know what happen.
trainz2012-04-0223-38-55-85.jpg

Check CM and make sure all of BStyles' content is there. I would also save this route, and then look it up in CM and see if any dependencies are missing. Those dashed lines show up usually when content you were using on a route is deleted from content manager. Whatever you do though, do not select "delete missing assets" from the drop down menu in surveyor; it just makes your life much more difficult.

The funny thing is that the tracks/Stations show in my other words but not in the one that I am building

Well it depends on a few things. If it relates to the question above, then it may be the content. There were a considerable amount of polys to consider.

It could also be that your drawing distance is too low. In the performance panel, try cranking that up a bit higher or even to max to get the job done. Note that this does render a lot more content within the viewing distance, so it may cause a lag.

Hey Acelejalde im having a problem with your subway pack which includes

NYCTA 1T-2T
NYCTA 3T-4T
NYCTA 6T -Objects

The 6T pack is fine but 1T-4T is missing one kuid

Unknown Location: <kuid:346926:2010274>

Do you think you can help me fix this issue

First, you must go to the PEV Downloads page and download their free "PM2IM" software program. It is used to convert older progressive mesh files ".pm" into the current used ".im" mesh files.
  • - Open up the problem car for edit in Content Manager (in this case the R62).
    - Open up PM2IM and under the options drop-down menu, select "Strip Textures".
    - Once this is selected, select File>Open.
    - A window will appear, and you should navigate it to C:>Program Files x86>Auran>TS2009>UserData>editing>NYCTA R62 Subway Car>NYCTA_R62_Body. Select the file that says "nycta_r62_body" and hit open.

- The program will spit out several lines of text, the last of which should say "Conversion Done".

- Close out PM2IM, and commit the asset using Content Manager. The car should work golden now. IIRC, the error stems from the pole texture on his cars being referenced in the wrong place on the mesh--stripping the texture map and re-committing seems to do the trick. It helped when I ran into the same problem with the R40 Slant. From what I gather, several of his cars have this same problem, so just follow the above steps for all the problem cars, obviously replacing the R62 references above with whatever car you're working on.
Hope that helps!

-A :wave:

Can you provide a link to the PEV Download Page?

Back