NYCTA Support

You don't import them. You extract to your desktop once they're downloaded. Usually a right-click and 'extract to...' will do the trick.

Just something that confuses me. How do you link up the tunnels with the stations? I find it difficult to use some of the tracks with the lights on the side because they don't really match up: i.e.
nyctaq.png

Also, when I connect 4T tunnels to 4T stations, I get this little glitch:
nyctaz.png

I imagine most of these problems won't happen in the new station set, but I was just wondering if there was something I could do with the old set to make it work better.
Thanks,
Eric :)

Right now, I'm not offering replacements and such on the old stations because the new ones are coming out soon. Because of the different specifications in building from both sets (old vs new) most of these problems won't occur. For your first picture, it's the build of the station's mesh that doesn't allow the gaps to be closed; for the second picture it looks like an incorrectly facing face (if that last phrase made sense!). I would use the Tunnel Walls (found in the NYCTA Tunnel Parts within the spline tab) to cover up these glaring omissions. That's the only support I can give for now. I'm really sorry! Also, don't use the 6T side station--there's an error that I cannot fix with it (incorrect facing terminators/initiators) because I don't have those original meshes anymore. Check the bypass and "clearanc" textures within the config of the 6T Bypass station and delete the alpha lines to get those textures un-inivisible--be sure to do this for all three folders. And for the 2T island station no wall, change the line "asset-filename" with this: asset-filename "NYCTA 2T_Island_NW_Station". Those are fixes that I found after someone pointed them out to me. Thanks again!

-A

Ah thank you acelejalde! I tried using the tunnel walls to cover them up (the gaps), but it was troubling me that I might have been doing something wrong.
Eric :)

Oh my god i never knew how many times i asked ace for help!:confused: sorry ace.

P.S Ace are u the one who made the signal pack?

I have been trying to reskin your station walls for special stations, but whenever i commit the new asset to the content manager the asset appears as faulty becasue "The texture 'twall.bmp' failed to load". Please keep in mind, i am using TrainzMac

Check the size of your textures. They need to be a power of two, otherwise CM won't load them. If you're editing the colors, DO NOT resize them. Also, keep the file name and format. So if it's "twall.bmp", don't change anything on it, just edit the image colors, keep the name and size and you should be ok.

-A

A minor qualm of mine: just wondering if there's something I can do to remedy it, or if it's a texture/scripting error that's a bit more complex.
4A Station:
4astationrooferrorpng.jpg

Eric :/

Texture fix for 4A Start/End Pieces

MINOR TEXTURE FIX FOR STATION 4A START/END PIECES

It has been brought to my attention that there's a transparent roof texture on the 4A end and start pieces. After some investigating, I've located the problem, and it's a quick fix.

Open for Edit in Explorer both "NYCTA Station 4A End" and "NYCTA Station 4A Start". Once the folders are open, look for the file "roof101-roof101.texture.txt", and open it up in one of the folders only. There should be a line that says "Alpha=roof101.bmp", which shouldn't be there. Delete that line and save the texture file. Simply copy and paste that texture file into the second folder, close explorer and commit the assets. Your roof for those end pieces should be good to go.

-A :wave:

Last edited:
New Tunnel Piece

New Tunnel Piece:

Jeff Morris brought to my attention a lack of a no-clearance wall that can allow more than one track for the tunnels, so linked here is a .cdp file for the new piece, dubbed "Tunnel 1K". It has gap closers on each end; also included is a modified version of Tunnel 1E, the one-track no-clearance tunnel with gap closers added on each side, so you don't have to use H, I, or J to close the gap.

Enjoy!

New Tunnel Pieces

-A :wave:

Minor Fixes

There is a platform gap of 0.20 meters from the subway car door to the platform proper that Strain kindly pointed out.

It has nothing to do with A/B Division differences as the stations are meant to be universal. I have to re-model all of the subway stations and re-release to fix this problem. I'll be working diligently over the weekend to correct this problem, and provide updated links.

Sorry for the inconvenience gents.

-A
ph34r.png

@Jeff, I will take a look at your problem, thank you for pointing it out.

Jeff, I took a look at the problem. The reason why there's a gap like that is because the station ends and platforms were designed with the idea that platform walkways will always immediately follow the station and thus, placed on the left side, not on the right side. Using Tunnel 1H immediately after your stations will solve the problem!

-A
ph34r.png

Last edited:
Back