Railroad crossings with invisible road support and regular track

Jokel317

Hello all I wondered if there exist`s a such a thing maybe on the DLS. A crossing with regular track and then like invisible track for the road. Preferably US styled. Where drivable vehicles like trucks and buses can stop for trains. The trains don`t get stopped for the road vehicles of course. But the vehicles stop for the trains invisible signals like I guess. In better words invisible track crossing regular visible railroad (railway) tracks. If anybody has a better working alternative idea on this let me know thank`s.

You could just lay invisable track yourself through the crossing - remember that Trainz does not handle dimond or X crossing.

If you want advice on 2009 from the 2009 experts then the best place to ask questions like this is in the 2009 area of the forums.

Last edited:
Your best solution for this is ATLS not ASB. The reason is you want traffic to stop for a train every time and not the other way around. Use the tram tutorial on boats site as this is exactly the same way of working you require. You treat the invisible track in the same way as the tram track. Ive done many varied combinations of the ATLS and not been able to break it yet.

Thank`s Stagecoach for the response will try that. That sound`s like the best route since I don`t want the trains stopping for the trucks.

Use all ATLS components to create the crossing as you would do normaly, dont worry about the invisible track until after as it only needs to be placed aross the crossing and has no relevance to the crossing itself. Use the tram stoppers as the invisible signals on the road track.

Having problems with the tram stoppers staying red. But the crossings are functioning perfect outside of that issue. I have the channel set proper for all the parts. I studied Boat`s tutorial very helpful piece there I might add. Thank you for your helpfulness.

Last edited:
Ill give you a little tip that you wont find on Boats site because its not recomended but works fine. i discovered it and Boat added a bit to the script to allow it to happen.
Place a second controller and open the properties window, scroll down to the bottom and put a tick in the little box. Set the channel to the same as the one for the crossing, assuming the one for the crossing is set up in crossing mode. If not dont do this. In the controller select two routes and 2 phases and set both of route one to green, set route 2 spl to green and set the tram stoppers to route 1 and tick the force to green box.

When you are in the selection window you need to scroll to the bottom of the instructions. A little square white box will be there, place a tick in it and you can select the same channel again. Please make sure that one controller is in level crossing mode and the other is in route mode or else it fails.

Back