Instant load not loading all cars

Jokel317

Im having a problem with a container car (JR TTX 53 Husky Stack). Ive edited it so it can only handle JR`s 20ft and 40ft containers. Strangely it can load the very first car fine and sometimes with the dreaded floating container problem. If you wonder why just 20ft and 40ft containers. It`s because that`s what my container yard handles to load onto semi tractor trailer trucks to haul out. If anyone need`s to see the config.txt. Just let me know and I can post what it read`s thank`s.

Last edited:
this is because well cars load more than one product, its hard to get instantload to know what one to load without scripting it that way, and its even harder if you change the config ques to something else.

instantload 09 still wont know what to do if he has changed the number of ques. it will still try to treat them like the originals.

Thank`s for the responses. So there`s no way of getting it to work with just 20ft and 40ft containers I take it. Any other known alternative for this sort of problem ?

Thank`s for the responses. So there`s no way of getting it to work with just 20ft and 40ft containers I take it. Any other known alternative for this sort of problem ?

Change the config file so that the containers you want loaded are the only ones in the ques and executing the command a couple of times will also help.
Also try the Protolars system, you can configure the file so that it will load only the products you want loaded.

John

Thank`s John for the suggestion. I think I might found a way around this problem. Possibly using the (initial-count 0) tag and putting the number of the load for instance 1 for a 40ft top container and 2 for 2 20 footer containers at the bottom. Removing the need of the Instant Load 09 command. The car is a clone of JR`s original after all for my fictional railroad. No mean`s would edit JR`s original for 20ft and 40ft only.

Last edited:
Thank`s John for the suggestion. I think I might found a way around this problem. Possibly using the (initial-count 0) tag and putting the number of the load for instance 1 for a 40ft top container and 2 for 2 20 footer containers at the bottom. Removing the need of the Instant Load 09 command. The car is a clone of JR`s original after all for my fictional railroad. No mean`s would edit JR`s original for 20ft and 40ft only.

If you get the config file working the way you want the instant load 09 is still a realistic option. You never see a container train fully laden do you.

No you generally don`t. Id prefer the instant load command. But nobody seem`s to think it will work. Im kinda new at editing config.txt files. But if anybody has other solutions let me know. Im using Ocemy`s container yard cloned version of it to suit JR`s 20ft and 40ft containers. Im still willing to use Instant Load. If possible to get it working. As it`s more realistic. Does get annoying knowing all the train cars are gonna be double 20fts at the bottom and 40ft at the top. Perfect for unloading as you know to send the train directly to the 40ft unloading track first. Then run the power around the train and pull into the 20ft unloading track. I prefer realism over easiness any day though. When it comes to running my trains. :D

I use the "PLCDK UST Intermodal" to load my intermodal cars. I edited it and it loads the JR cars just fine. The only problems that I have found is that it will NOT load the cars from RRMODS at all. I gave up on using instant load to load intermodal, because it would load everything that they would flash different loads.

I use:
JR's intermodals
SPORBUST's TTX spine cars and flats
TPR's well cars

Last edited:
well thats why instantload 09 was made so it works with the jr intermodal cars and other cars. far as i can remember i also had it working with the tpr cars and sporbut's cars. even have it loading rrmods cars, but i dont think i ever configured it to load our ap53s on jr. the only problem is, if you change the number of ques in these cars it will mess up the loading. the instantload will be expecting them to have a certain number of ques within the config.

maybe leaving the other ques in there but with no products would work, i dont know without trying it. the downside is im sure youd see a lot less getting loaded in the cars... or maybe add more 20s and 40s in place of the 48s 53s etc... that might do better. just as long as the que number doesnt change, and you leave the name as "53 Husky Stack" or "53 Maxi-IV A" as this is how the script identifies the type of car.

I could never get the result that I wanted with Instant Load and intermodal cars so I came up with this solution that works great for me.

I either put one of these in each location where I tie it in to the route or I will put them all in a hidden location and use portals to direct them to the correct inbound portal.

Using the Portal Timetable Rule, I will select which Portal that I want to enter. I will issue a command to drive to proper VanLoad Trackmark, then RunAroundTrain, then commands to where I want it to go. The PLCDK will not load when using a WAIT command, that's why I run around the train and it will load while it's doing that. Others might have found what works best for them, but I wanted to share what I use.

Intermodal_Loading.jpg

Justin that was my thoughts exactly. Exchanging all the other non 20fts and 40fts into maybe more 20fts and 40fts and trying that. Possibly leaving the name the same as well. As I did change that too. You might just be on to something with that idea ill have to test it and post back results! Ive been thinking of the ProtoLars industry load idea to. If mine and Justin`s idea fail`s I might have to resort to that. As it seem`s it could work very well. Only downside of course I would have to extend my infrastructure to accomodate longer train length and add a few more baseboards to suit the changes. As the track with the portal where this train spawn`s from. Is only a few hundred feet away from the interchange with my railroad. Hence I see the train load usually which detract`s from the realism.

Back