collisions

I agree!
This simulator should not become a Trainz version of Grand Theft Auto!
Its a simulator meant for you to drive the trains and trams, not smash them into each other or drive off cliffs! Get my Point!

Yeah okay, we get your point, but you don't get it, do you? The real point is that it's FUN, okay? Just because this is a driving simulator, doesn't mean that there can't be crash effects in the game. Just think, in the real world, a crash or some other disaster happens once a week, so why can't we replicate it? Fun is more important than anything else. Thank you, you've been a wonderful audience:)
That's my point, you can't change it, so:p

I agree!
This simulator should not become a Trainz version of Grand Theft Auto!
Its a simulator meant for you to drive the trains and trams, not smash them into each other or drive off cliffs! Get my Point!

I agree. When I play X-Plane 9 multiplayer on my iPod, I don't attempt to crash into a plane, I'm trying to get from one airport to another!

Its annoying when the trains run into cars or other trains at crossings a,d no realism there. No crash occurs.

Collisions

You idiots, have you seen the power of todays monitors? They can handel collision systems and they are getting more powerful by the year. Besides what are simulators? They are a program that represents real world objects and places. With railroading, especially in the 1800's, collisions are an everyday thing. In fact in the U.S, there are more than 1,000 incidents that involve trains. So think realistically, take out collisions, you take out a big part of railroading. And I think that if you had a collision with train and car, that would be a big step forward cause that happens every single day in America and having warning and signal malfunctions would also improve the simulations quality in real word experience. And that's why people buy this game because it provides them with a real world experience while your in the comfort of your home and you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. So, who agrees with me?

Do you see a long train going through a small 270 degree loop with a cross track Running through its own train?

DRGW480 (& others that believe that simulators should have crashes on purpose), I don't think you understand

But I think the point maybe that Trainz should be more realistic, IF (note the word "if"), a train/tram (or moveable vehicle) happens to come off the tracks OF ITS ON ACCORD, and not done on purpose.

Their are reasons - quite significant ones(1) that I will expand on later (but may require help of another transport forum), that ANY simulator should not be made to as a "crash test" simulator.

1. It may be the difference of not having a model or not that appears in the real world.

Back