RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter for Google SketchUp

where is the RubyTMIX 0.1.0 download available?

It's still in Beta test and is currently at Version 0.2.2, as noted in the 4th post in this thread, and is therefore not yet available for general download. I expect to release version 1.0.0 later this month (November) after testing is complete. I am in the process of setting up a web site to support this tool as well as other related tools and techniques. However, I also notice that you have TRS2006; RubyTMIX is compatible only with TS2009 and later and (also as noted in the linked post) there are no plans to support any earlier versions of Trainz.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
Mike - I offer this as food for thought - perhaps some sort of "resource monitor / impact / warning" could be incorporated?

The exporter issues a warning when it crosses the 25,000 polygon boundary during an export - a message box appears stating that the model may result in poor performance or lagging in Trainz - and it allows you to continue or abort the process (as Arraial pointed out, some people may want certain assets for their own routes regardless of the performance penalties). If the user elects to continue then this choice is remembered and the question is not asked again for that same model.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
Found workaround for TRS06 compatibilty

This may be of interest to TRS06 users thanks to Arraial. . nice work on those models by the way. . once the asset is converted open for edit in Content Manager and change the build number in the config.txt to 2.4. . .clone, recommit the cloned asset and delete the original, should work nicely.

Last edited:
This may be of interest to TRS06 users thanks to Arraial. . nice work on those models by the way. . once the asset is converted open for edit in Content Manager and change the build number in the config.txt to 2.4. . .clone, recommit the cloned asset and delete the original, should work nicely.

The Trainz Build Number is already a configurable parameter in RubyTMIX, so you can set this to whatever you like and that is what will be written to the config.txt file when it is generated.

rtmconfig2red.jpg

The config.txt file that is automatically generated will still have the same format otherwise - this is just text, it has no special significance to the exporter. I certainly admit I am no expert on what it takes to go from TS2009 to TRS06, but if everything else is compatible in the config.txt file then you should be able to simply type '2.4' here and export directly to TRS06 as well.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
that should resolve

Wonderful. . . that should resolve the compatibilty issue. . .other than the build number there are no other differences in the config.txt file. . .No more having to do things the hard way. . . Awesome job and I cannot wait for the release

To be pedantic, TRS2006 build number is 2.6. There were a fair number of config file changes between TRS2004 and TRS2006, but for a simple scenery object, it may not matter much (especially since TRS2004 doesn't really check for errors...)

This looks like a great tool, Mike - thank you!!
Curtis

hi

Hi People me again testing beta version´s but this time whit nothing to point yet in the last versions no issues yet.
this image show how can a Trainzer of the City of Brisbane see this Brisbane Stadium and don't convert for their collection??? well they have 35k polys and many many textures but....
The other is a Brisbane Refinery but only whit 7 k polys.
And for last a Wellington Station already upload in the dls this time a Manual conversion because Google Warehouse only provide the Dae format file and Skecthup dot read it or my version don't read it eheheh.
arraial
7d816415ccab3548fe5607c4c1f21a81.jpg

b71cc2ae204f44f8ca978d6c31fb6e86.jpg

9b884bd54d2f94ce0ca3da30251fe8a2.jpg

883d687b01102c9e3d39517d90389461.jpg

Screenshot

Here is a shot of a project I am working on if anyone is interested. . will let you know when it's done. . .
trainz_sketchup

Last edited:
Just Completed Howard Johnson's Hotel

Just finished the Howard Johnson's in my previous post and will be uploading it to 3D Warehouse shortly as Howard Johnson's restaurant and hotel . . .due to the sunrooms attached to the lobby the poly count may be a little high but if anyone can use it you are welcome to do so.

Some Projects I Am Working On. . .

Just to let everyone know I have been working on several projects using the beta version. . .one being downtown Atlanta. That one is complete. Second is a drivable version of RMS Titanic-that one is still in the rendering process, the challenge will be to keep the poly count to a minimum but the basic mesh, textures, engine and config files are complete. Will keep everyone advised on the progress.

ModerlerMJ: I have ask you this once before but your were busy..Do you think that you will be able to animate with this too??So I can possibly get my engines into trainz..:wave: :wave:

ModerlerMJ: I have ask you this once before but your were busy..Do you think that you will be able to animate with this too??So I can possibly get my engines into trainz..:wave: :wave:

Sorry, I have indeed been very busy with many things lately.

Please check your PM inbox.

Regards,
-Mike

When I click 'Preview in trainz mesh viewer' when using sketch up a black box appears for about 1 second a disappears? Anyone know whats wrong.

Thanks

Back