RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter for Google SketchUp

h

Hi again some People models from google take in minutes to trainz of course some of then have 2k to 5k polys but its semms to me the quality of the conversions are very good. Hi Mike i take your last email.Thanks
arraial
86860277cbc37488787b1bb528e19019.jpg

0c2d6431a958bc1f078d0e6c27ec50f7.jpg

Are you looking for Beta Testers?

Just curious if you are looking for beta testers for your plugin at this time, as i have several files on the 3D Warehouse I would like to attempt to export to Trainz. . .please let me know.

You've got that right. ;) .

Are you the one with all the Thomas videos on YouTube? If so, kudos to you.

Oh, me? Bless you, no! I'm not a part of Sodor Island 3D, I'm just a fan, trying to get into the world of modelling. My current project is a cafe building seen in the Railway Series books:

rws_m_c__bunn__final_version__by_okamitakahashi-d4e74gd.jpg

I've been told that the poly count's gonna be high just for using the 3D text, though...

Hi!
If in can give you a hint , you can make textures map(one or one for each face) in Sketchup(export 2d , camera not in perpective mode) and then map each face...so you'll have no problem of poly counts and a reduced number of textures
see here!
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?p=581688#post581688

I am in the process of setting up a web site to host RubyTMIX plus my other Google/Trainz tools and techniques, and it is my plan to have tutorials available there as well that discuss this exact type of thing. If anyone wants to contribute a write-up of any kind, I would be most happy to accept it / polish it and present it along with the software.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
I am in the process of setting up a web site to host RubyTMIX plus my other Google/Trainz tools and techniques, and it is my plan to have tutorials available there as well that discuss this exact type of thing. If anyone wants to contribute a write-up of any kind, I would be most happy to accept it / polish it and present it along with the software.

Regards,
-Mike

Hi!
That's a good idea! I can't wait to use RubyTMIX , your exporter is very promising. Nice to have some tutorials on your future site too! your exporter solves lots of problems that we encounter when exporting from Sketchup to 3ds

regards
JCA

tests

Hi People again me. This time i made many conversions testing Mike tool exporter but whit very complex buildings and when i make more conversions to trainz more perplex and amazing i stay whit the power and very well made tool , i hope they make next a exporter for 3d max because the exporter from Auran dont converte ouar textures in power of 2 or re-sized then or make a already conf kuid asset ready to be committed , and many other things to.
arraial

Empire state Building
0fae9be854b91271deb57bc2b3ddde87.jpg

449e5447cd0a905897919d1dac579928.jpg

d9c36131ae116999f13ffbbc7edc88f4.jpg

Lisbon - 25 April Bridge
9fb76f2fd0bbd39215966ac5a786bd70.jpg

ce65cca6d746959aad1fd2270912aee1.jpg

London Bridge
7de72c8e2c028036ad47924818a53720.jpg

London Bridge
754babed655fc3a991a8801cbe4ffadd.jpg

b80da825e3ccb9b8a66773d0d6683bbd.jpg

London Big Bang
29d854a67562f6e537b6ecad9324d999.jpg

d399939df3830b77c2f88c6fb0165910.jpg

Last edited:
London Bridge
7de72c8e2c028036ad47924818a53720.jpg

Umm that isn't London Bridge. That bridge is Tower Bridge, London Bridge is further down the river.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my hands on the exporter. I got a handfull of stuff I'd love to get into TRS.

peter

Because its much more grand than the plain, concrete bridge that is the London Bridge. It's a common mistake

Jamie

And it's an urban myth that the American who purchased the old London Bridge, which is now located in Lake Havasu City Arizona, thought he was getting Tower Bridge :) !

I just wanted to say that this is one heck of a way to support the Trainz community. I thank you for your efforts.

London Big Bang - an appropriate title for the Houses of Parliament (Palace of Westminster), especially as yesterday was Guy Fawkes Night when we celebrate (or regret) his failure to blow up King James and Parliament.

London Big Bang - an appropriate title for the Houses of Parliament (Palace of Westminster), especially as yesterday was Guy Fawkes Night when we celebrate (or regret) his failure to blow up King James and Parliament.

Which also brings up the point that really you've modeled the Palace of Westminster more then Big Ben.

peter

Can someone convert this. .

Just recently rendered a Holiday Inn Great Sign (the one prior to 1979) available on the 3D Warehouse.. can someone convert this? Preferably TRS 2006 compatible

There are a LOT of hotels and motels there....that is going to keep someone really busy!

I just want to say that Arraial is doing an absolutely fantastic job in finding all the glitches in my exporter. Out of 3 Beta Testers he's the only one so far to provide any feedback at all, much less the amazing results he has shown here, and in fact he has found some very obscure problems (now solved) that are going to make this tool waaaaay better for everyone in the long run. Many of the features that you all will see when this tool is released are a direct result of his suggestions and observations.

He's also from Brazil... so how 'bout we cut him some slack and not get too technical about what he calls things in the UK? I'm extremely impressed with his work no matter what labels he puts on his images.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
Feel free to use any of my models

I do regularly contribute to 3D Warehouse. . search for Keith Parquette. . there you'll find models I have contributed to the 3D Warehouse. . feel free to use 'em

Back