RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter for Google SketchUp

ModelerMJ (Mike Jenkins) provided my with a patch to use SketcUp15. Fairly simple. Either contact him or PM me and I'll send the details.

Do you know where I can find the plugin folder to install Rubytmix. I can't find it on there. I downloaded the newest version of sketchup.

Does this import warehouse models into Trainz? I want to import some hotels and buildings that haven't been made for Trainz yet. For example, an Embassy Suites hotel. Nobody made one in Trainz yet, and there's a severe lack of US hotels on the DLS. Ish's models are kind of big, and davesnow or whoever made some motel type buildings, but I'm looking for urban and city hotels, as well as suburban ones, and Hilton Garden, Hampton, Courtyard, etc. There are hotels on the 3D warehouse.

After reading "rwk"s input I used SketchUp16 to access the 3D Warehouse and found a number of hotels as well as one 7-story Courtyard by Marriott. It looked pretty decent.

Does this import warehouse models into Trainz? I want to import some hotels and buildings that haven't been made for Trainz yet. For example, an Embassy Suites hotel. Nobody made one in Trainz yet, and there's a severe lack of US hotels on the DLS. Ish's models are kind of big, and davesnow or whoever made some motel type buildings, but I'm looking for urban and city hotels, as well as suburban ones, and Hilton Garden, Hampton, Courtyard, etc. There are hotels on the 3D warehouse.

I had several hotels waiting in my Sketchup folder to import into Trainz. Just put up 4 today, be up on the DLS in a day or so. A Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites. Check under my username "racertodd". I have about 80 Sketchup assets that went up in the last couple of days, all are buildings of various types.

Todd

Last edited:
@ModelerMJ

do you have the feature in the pipeline to add helperpoints etc.?

in the forum sketchucation.com

you can become help there.

is it possible to load an open source version to this forum?
i think many Devs could help you to solve this problem.

the plugin snap connector could be a placement tool for helper points.

PICS IN FOLDER: http://https://onedrive.live.com/re...16&authkey=!AJRRK3zJ0Xjag1U&ithint=folder,jpg

I do not currently have any plans to add any more features to RubyTMIX as my 'free' time has become severely limited.

Regards,
-Mike

@ModelerMJ

what do you think about to give away this as opensource. the RBS as RB (unscrambled)?

than other devs could be insert more needed feature. attachement points etc.

thank you for your support

Dean

p.s. Happy easter to you :)

I do not wish to see this product languish because of my lack of time, and I appreciate the suggestion about potentially passing it on to another developer.

If one or two people with the required skills express interest in furthering the development of RubyTMIX, then I would consider passing the source code on to them, but only with the agreement that it remain confidential between us; I am not going to post it to the general public. To take over the project one would need to know the Ruby language and be very familiar with the SketchUp API; and would also need to know C#, JavaScript and HTML. They must also have a good understanding of the operation of SketchUp Web Dialog Callbacks and lambda expressions, as these are used heavily throughout.

Under these terms, anyone interested in taking RubyTMIX in new directions is cordially invited to PM me and provide a brief description of their qualifications. We can then see how it goes from there.

Regards,
-Mike

that's a great offer. Would be nice if they find that the work in the direction RubyTMIX.
Sketchup has just to perfect for any kind objects for Auran Trainz to design faster :)

I do not wish to see this product languish because of my lack of time, and I appreciate the suggestion about potentially passing it on to another developer.

Ok i would write your Quote in the sketchucation forum. and i ask there.

thank you for your text.

@ulipasha

i will agree .

cross the fingers (in germany press the thumbs) :)

more infos here.

g yd

I wish I can really help. But unfortunately I only know a little of PHP, CSS, JS (typically ActionScript), plenty of experience of HTML & the Bootstrap framework. I don't know of Ruby (or Ruby On Rails, don't know the difference).

I wonder with Sketchup's API, does it work with some html & CSS?

what should be considered when a spline in Sketchup. I reach only one spline with unrealistscher structure

d8682pu6qgyc7vdt9.jpg

d86825hsibmaue9pp.jpg

I`m getting an error in textures using Ruby T Mix , I export the model to Trainz ( in content creator no errors ) on game when put the object the textures appear black ( i already disable hardware in options ) , i made a test import a object from google , same situation , any ideas ??? Thanks

Back