RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter for Google SketchUp

Tiny: Could be that the model itself is very small. Was it made in e.g. HO Scale? RubyTMIX converts models as-is, in regards to their size. Try the measuring tape tool in SketchUp and see how big the model really is.

Sideways: What is the orientation of the model, in SketchUp, in relation to the primary coordinate axes? Again, RubyTMIX converts models as-is, in regard to their orientation.

All white: Sounds like the faces in the geometry in the SketchUp model are reversed. This is a common issue in SketchUp and will trip you up if you are not watchful when creating your model. An example is here: https://forums.sketchup.com/t/orientation-of-faces/12247. There are plugins available that will iterate the faces in a model and reverse them according to some rather well-thought-out logic; Google will lead you to them, or you can start here: https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30107.

Regards,
-Mike

Last edited:
ModelerMJ hi,
I have a question if you have time when processing large objects in Sketchup the program give a run time error after about 15 to 20 minutes what would be the reason for this.
Regards steve

If an export is running for 15-20 minutes then I would say the model is too complex for RubyTMIX to handle. There are limits to what the Ruby interpreter inside of SketchUp can do.

Try splitting large / complex models into smaller pieces and exporting those.

Regards,
-Mike

I had installed Rubytmix included in SU 2017, for TANE SP2.

Whatever you creiate from SU, it will be faulty, especially for light option. Clixk light option to off.
First I tried to create very simple box, no material no color and Trainz version is 4.3 or 4.5. It will be faulty: low mesh poly is high.

And I try to fill Trainz version with 3.5 and repeat process. CM import this box successfully without error.

Hi there!
I'm having the same issue as danwho9: «... After entering all the necessary details I am unable to save, it does not do anything at all when I click the top left button:... »
Sketchup 2017 Make / RubyTmix 1.2.0 (have also 1.2.1 but it seems not to recognize the sole file .rbz present in the folder).
Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Dauro! As far as i can recommend, it's best to switch to blender. If you would have read, newer versions of Sketchup have newer html internet explorer code that somehow broke the tool, and an update was ment to come out 4 years ago. The update appears to have never came out, so nothing can be done atm. Hope this helps! :)

Hi Dauro! As far as i can recommend, it's best to switch to blender. If you would have read, newer versions of Sketchup have newer html internet explorer code that somehow broke the tool, and an update was ment to come out 4 years ago. The update appears to have never came out, so nothing can be done atm. Hope this helps! :)

I realize this is an old thread, but I just came across this post now.

I am no longer maintaining this tool and have no plans for any further upgrades. This is due to the cost of the SketchUp Pro subscription model that has been adopted by Trimble, which would be $300 per year, to support a tool that I give (gave) away for free.

Regards,
Mike

Back