RubyTMIX: A TrainzXML Exporter for Google SketchUp

Many thanks, seems to have done the trick ;)
I take it this isn't a 'one off' error then? Oh well, I suppose every piece of software has at least one fault, no matter how small. We can only try to solve them. Once again, many thanks,

PortLineParker
Actually it's a quirk of SketchUp. It often creates new faces in the opposite orientation from what you expect, and you have no idea that you're really coloring the back and not the front as there is no real visual difference once a material has been applied. Inside my script I have to deal with front and back in a stricter sense and can only take them as SketchUp gives them to me, and issues like this are often the result. Anyway, glad you got it squared away.

Regards,
-Mike

Hi there,

I have tried extracting the zip file contained within the download for this and installing, however, when I click rtmipp.exe, Windows Vista keeps claiming that it has "stopped working." Am I doing this wrong?

Hi there,

I have tried extracting the zip file contained within the download for this and installing, however, when I click rtmipp.exe, Windows Vista keeps claiming that it has "stopped working." Am I doing this wrong?

Please follow the installation and operating instructions in the User's Guide. That's the PDF document that was part of the download.

Regards,
-Mike

Once again, your program is very astounding. My first structure created:

D3D0895407B7EF099E7165683A5B803593EA0138

Bryn Athyn Station/Post Office; Newtown, PA. 19009.

The text on the side should be brown, but overall I'm pleased with it. :cool:

Last edited:
Hi,
if you want the text to be brown, open the model in sketch-up. Then right-click the writing and press 'explode' then re-export it and it should work

Hello,

I have done a test with RubyTMIX. Everything was created. Imported the content in Content manager.

Within content manager no errors were presented. I could see the created thumbnail in contentmanager, but I can't find the asset :eek:.

I have looked in objects, tracks even in trains, the assetname isn't listed.:confused:

Does anyone have a reason for this phenomenon?

Best regards

Kurt :wave:

Hello,

I have done a test with RubyTMIX. Everything was created. Imported the content in Content manager.

Within content manager no errors were presented. I could see the created thumbnail in contentmanager, but I can't find the asset :eek:.

I have looked in objects, tracks even in trains, the assetname isn't listed.:confused:

Does anyone have a reason for this phenomenon?

Best regards

Kurt, I responded to your e-mail. Hopefully with some helpful ideas ...

Regards,
-Mike

Hello,

I'm not a great designer, however I'm having my better results using Google Sketchup. I have been searching for some Google sketchup tutorials for dummies and luckily found some great educational Sketchup movies.

The last couple of days I have been doing some tests.

Here is one of my tests ( it's not finished yet and some changes need to be done ). I have been using the import utility with a picture ( use as image ).

Station%20Heist%20SKP.jpg

I have incorporated the Rubytmix plugin within Sketchup.

But, starting the plugin and viewing the trainz mesh viewer I'm getting this result.

Station%20Heist%20meshvierwer.jpg

Can someone explain, why this result occurs? What am I doing wrong?

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi Kurt,

This may be due to the fact that SketchUp has front faces and back faces, and you have painted the materials on the back face without realizing it. You may have to reverse the faces where the images are, and re-paint them (and erase them from the original faces as well). Also, be sure you are importing your images as a texture and not just applying an image to a face; they are two very different things. Finally, be sure there are no groups in your model by using the 'explode' function; this will often correct odd geometric results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike

Hi Kurt,

This may be due to the fact that SketchUp has front faces and back faces, and you have painted the materials on the back face without realizing it. You may have to reverse the faces where the images are, and re-paint them (and erase them from the original faces as well). Also, be sure you are importing your images as a texture and not just applying an image to a face; they are two very different things. Finally, be sure there are no groups in your model by using the 'explode' function; this will often correct odd geometric results.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your reply. :)

I rechecked my drawing and the picture was placed on the front face, however I didn't use the option " as a texture ".
Now when I use " as texture I get the following result using the trainz mesh viewer

Station%20Heist%20meshvierwer%20texture%20view.jpg

Is there a solution for this situation?

Best regards

I think you need to use the 'position texture' function, which allows you to place only the portion of the texture you want on each face. Otherwise the texture is tiled, which is what it looks like is happening. Also I still see white faces, which are either untextured or reversed as I noted before.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike

Awel Kurt,

zie dat je met het station Heist aan het violen bent?!!
Mike is juist je moet texturen gebruiiken en kijk in de menu waar je de texture position en andere parameters kunt wijzigingen speeel ermee er zijn 4 knoppen die je klikt en heen en weer schiuift in funktie van wat die doen roate, scale, move etc speel er mee daar leer je het snelste van.
Ik heb een hele zak vol met reskins en andere sketchups waar ik mee aan het experimenteren ben. Eens het werkt en het trainzer publiek het aanvaart zal ik de nightmode inbouwen. Resultaten zie je op mijn threads.

Groetjes aan de zee als je daar woont.
Woon je misschien in zicht aan zee waar Armand Pien het altijd over had : mooi weer in zicht. lol:hehe:

Roy:wave:

no translation local flemisch talk nothing to worry about and nothing to learn from yet.

I think you need to use the 'position texture' function, which allows you to place only the portion of the texture you want on each face. Otherwise the texture is tiled, which is what it looks like is happening. Also I still see white faces, which are either untextured or reversed as I noted before.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
-Mike

Hello Mike,

Thank you for the extra info.
Yes, the texture is tiled - I will search for the position texture option. I have never seen such an option in the Google Sketchup tutorials for dummies instruction movies.
I also need to do a retake of some pictures. Some pictures are not taken from the right angle.
The white faces are correct, due to untextured ( not colored ).

Best regards

Awel Kurt,

zie dat je met het station Heist aan het violen bent?!!
Mike is juist je moet texturen gebruiiken en kijk in de menu waar je de texture position en andere parameters kunt wijzigingen speeel ermee er zijn 4 knoppen die je klikt en heen en weer schiuift in funktie van wat die doen roate, scale, move etc speel er mee daar leer je het snelste van.
Ik heb een hele zak vol met reskins en andere sketchups waar ik mee aan het experimenteren ben. Eens het werkt en het trainzer publiek het aanvaart zal ik de nightmode inbouwen. Resultaten zie je op mijn threads.

Groetjes aan de zee als je daar woont.
Woon je misschien in zicht aan zee waar Armand Pien het altijd over had : mooi weer in zicht. lol:hehe:

Roy:wave:

no translation local flemisch talk nothing to worry about and nothing to learn from yet.

Hallo Roy,

Bedankt voor je antwoord. Tot nu toe kon ik enkel een simpel huisje bouwen. Nu een stapje verder - een treinstation. Het kostte me heel wat tijd om het dak op een deftige manier presenteerbaar te krijgen:eek:. Hopelijk lukt het om de foto's te integreren op de verschillende stationsgebouwen ( Knokke, Duinbergen, Heist, Zeebrugge, Brugge, Blankenberge ( het oude gebouw hebben ze een 10-tal dagen geleden afgebroken en binnenkort begint de nieuwbouw), Oostende, Koksijde en De Panne.
Moet enkel ook nog oefenen met het nemen van de foto's, want sommige gebouwen staan soms een beetje schuin. :eek:
Ik woon inderdaad aan zee, doch heb geen zicht op zee. Afstand van thuis tot strand = +/- 400m
Armand Pien, dat is pas nostalgie.

Mvg,

Kurt:wave:

please help me, I'm using rubytmix and when I click to import content in RubyTMIX_Output file, the following message appears: Warning: Unable to read config file for asset at 'C: \ Users \ Computer \ Desktop \ RubyTMIX_Output'
Note: I used ts2012

Back