my humble apologies to everyone here!

UP5521

Tidewater Western owner
well,ever since I have joined the trainz community in 2009,it has been a mix of good and bad,looking back at the threads I have started and the ones with anger,enemy creation,off-topic,and yes,the gimmie-pigging,I felt really terrible about all of those things and even though we are still in 2011 getting ready for 2012,I still regret all of those things that happened here and probably never will forgive myself as a result,so what I'm saying here is,I'm really sorry!:(

No problem.

Life is an ongoing education process, glad that you have learned the lessons. Even more to learn as time goes on.

Regards,
Ron

I must have missed something...:confused: I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, you have to take into consideration the attitude of those that confront you as well. Sometimes I get irritable, but I try to be patient. Certain threads will contain members that are quick to accuse you of all kinds of infractions, sometimes to elevate themselves in the eyes of their buddies. If you want to gain their favor, you will have to go through their initiation process, and take the lumps, but after they mold you into a copy of themselves, you will be accepted and placed in the pecking order.

Speaking for myself, I read most threads here, and don't recall you engaged in bad behavior. Apologies are always nice; I've made a few myself, but sometimes we make a bigger deal out of our trespasses than they really are to others.

Good luck.

I read a lot of threads here and I can't recall any of those posts. Whatever you're apologizing for, if you've learned from your mistakes, I can accept that. That's the big thing, learn from your mistakes and don't repeat them. That's what some call maturing and where a part of wisdom comes from.

Mike

I don't mind gimmie-pigging. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have close to 5000 items on the DLS (as long as your polite about it, lol).

Ben

A lotta folks take things differently here and let alone understand what your sayin in the first place.........
This is still a good forum good and bad all together.......
bottom line is trainz is a complicated learnin curve altogether and the more ya know the less others understand., the ones ya know others cant stand
go figure.........grain of salt........

Dave =)

Well I was onboard the old forums. It was my first internet forum ever and I was certainly responsible for some clangers, all forgotten 10/8 years later fortunately it seems.
Nothing too radical, just some sniping and narkyness here and there if I recall correctly.
From my experience this IS the best forum around and I try to bear that in mind when posting or replying.
The majority seem to have the same view point.
The thing is, to offer an apology is in the true essence of this forums spirit so... thanks! (even though I am not aware of any transgressions)
CheerZ!
:wave:

I don't mind gimmie-pigging. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have close to 5000 items on the DLS (as long as your polite about it, lol).

Ben

Politeness is in my eyes not gimmie-pigging. Gimme-Pigs are impatient and they want it done now for no cost or effort on there end

Jamie

Don't be too hard on yourself man...show me a trainz member who hasn't flown off the rails once or twice, or gimme-pigged about something, and i'll show you a liar. I'll admit that i'm guilty of being a gimme-pig still, though to me, asking "Hey, i wondered if this is around?" or "I'm looking for something that i saw in a screenshot...?" hardly counts as gimme-pigging. and like Bendorsey said, without people asking for things, we wouldn't have people like wgkandsk or groups like project western. the trick is just to ask nicely. :D

"I'm looking for something that i saw in a screenshot...?"

Sadly I've seen a few people here who've asked this and been shunned and scolded for it, and accused of being a gimmie pig, and not looking for it, even though there are plenty of different websites, and it's hard to find exactly what it is.

Yep, I'm pretty sure I've been a gimmie pig once or twice... Maybe quite a few times... Yeah... It's all a learning process, some people learn faster than others, some people don't learn at all, but no one deserves to be scolded/shunned for something like it. Heck I've seen people who were once asking for things rudely, or just not learning, but after a while they got it, and started making wonderful things for the sim, and making beautiful screenshots. Point is, everyone learns, everyone makes mistakes, everyone slips up now and then.

Josh

BTW, it's good to be back! Haven't been 'round these parts in quite awhile! Hopefully I'll be back into the swing of things this week!

Gimme pig? wow thats a new one for me I must admit. Never heard it before.
Well I will apologise in advance for the time when I do it :confused:
Rest assured it will be a polite question.
I've probably done it already? I dunnooo really.
Despite my love of TRS, its history and the forums, in actual truth I noes diddly squat about real world Trains.
I did appy once to be a coal train driver.

No worries, man and don't come down so hard on yourself. It happens to all of us, and I've found myself get a little hot under the collar. Let's face it, the program is a passion, a way of life for many people, and things go down pretty fast, it can make the most humble person grumble.

So learn from your mistakes, and go on. Life is too short to worry about little things like this. :)

John

I see that,and I forgot to mention on the day I joined,that I was/am still new here,and those threads that has my profile name has stired up alot of trouble,not just for me,but all of the others,I just did not stop and think about what I was doing,that is why I'm not doing alot of posting these days!:(

Hi guys, I read this thread with interest as a newbie and would like to lay an egg too.
I think I have learnt that there must be a good balance between asking for help and willingness to learn Most of the PC fundis who help others have learnt and gained knowledge through hard work and perseverance, and most of them have patience teaching others , remembering where they came from . Many PC fundis ( experts ) though, suffer from a strange illness that has the same general symptom ..which is : They all say " ag no man ! it's easy - look here ! " and they go click.. click.. clickety. click...enter.. enter and walla ! it works....and when the flabbergasted newbie ( often older than 60 years - like me ) asks what they did, then they start muttering in a secret coded computer language ....like my son :)Then we get the newbie that has the attitude that they must be served immediately, but they don't understand that those fundis are busy too, and some of the newbies want to be spoon fed and have their bread buttered on both sides, instead of doing their own bit by learning the basics like that funny computer language and how stuff works. As a newbie I will try to remember that the fundis also want to play with their trains and i must read the forum rules and check previous answers and do some of my own homework too..:wave:

Hi guys, I read this thread with interest as a newbie and would like to lay an egg too.
I think I have learnt that there must be a good balance between asking for help and willingness to learn Most of the PC fundis who help others have learnt and gained knowledge through hard work and perseverance, and most of them have patience teaching others , remembering where they came from . Many PC fundis ( experts ) though, suffer from a strange illness that has the same general symptom ..which is : They all say " ag no man ! it's easy - look here ! " and they go click.. click.. clickety. click...enter.. enter and walla ! it works....and when the flabbergasted newbie ( often older than 60 years - like me ) asks what they did, then they start muttering in a secret coded computer language ....like my son :)Then we get the newbie that has the attitude that they must be served immediately, but they don't understand that those fundis are busy too, and some of the newbies want to be spoon fed and have their bread buttered on both sides, instead of doing their own bit by learning the basics like that funny computer language and how stuff works. As a newbie I will try to remember that the fundis also want to play with their trains and i must read the forum rules and check previous answers and do some of my own homework too..:wave:

A very wise and enlightened post.
Mike

Hello up5521,

Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes, no one is perfect, if you were perfect, you'd be the most predictable and most boring person around.

I see you were very lucky to have had a reply from Ron (aardvark1), he was a great guy, who always had the time to reply to most messages, he was a very wise man who had experienced life to the full, as long as you learn from his message, then you can't go wrong in life.

Take care and enjoy life

Joe Airtime

Hello up5521,

Don't beat yourself up, we all make mistakes, no one is perfect, if you were perfect, you'd be the most predictable and most boring person around.

I see you were very lucky to have had a reply from Ron (aardvark1), he was a great guy, who always had the time to reply to most messages, he was a very wise man who had experienced life to the full, as long as you learn from his message, then you can't go wrong in life.

Take care and enjoy life

Joe Airtime

yeah,I was lucky to talk to him,his message has helped me alot,not just to help me become more mature here,but in general,thanks airtime!

Life is an adventure my freind. Live it and love it. Read a few biographies, even Bobby Lee ( hmm!). The greatest as well as leastest have faced failure. Much more than you At best you 'foo paahd' which is a French expression (which I can't spell) for "oh sh**, I never should have said that!". It's natural that our mouthes are directly connected to our passions. Give it time. We all learn to say things to get our point across, in a way that will be accepted by our peers. The point is, be honest with yourself, alowing for some reflection, and the relative value of a reply. Say what you mean. Be honest in intent.
Then stick your toungue out!

Back