A question regarding the recent DLS updates

narrowgauge

92 year oldTrainz veteran
Do the rules governing the updating of DLS content by a person other than the originator, allow that updated content to be uploaded under a different user KUID.

Peter

NO Peter. Only content that is on the Public Cleanup list can be updated and you need to use the original author kuid and a KUID2 number with the next version number.

If someone has updated content with there own kuid number then this is not part of the Cleanup Process.

If there is a problem, then I would report it Urgently.

Craig
:):):)

Thanks, guys.

I thought that was the case. I will deal with this one-on-one before I involve Auran. I think it was done in error, as all that has changed is the updated format of the config.txt and an update from 1.3 to 2.9, there is no discernible difference in the mesh.

Peter

I have mistakenly done this, but wouldn't upload it knowingly.
I cloned some Auran rails from 04/06 to use locally in a TS12 route, but I haven't put them in yet as that exact question concerned me greatly.

Given the cordial nature of the best forum in the world I personally would offer an admission of mistakeness and apology If I accidentally did upload a cloned thingummyjig.

But that's just me.

If you search the black pages under my username, you'll see that I have had a couple of assets I repaired for the DLS Cleanup end up showing under my username in a search, and even one actually under my username, even though all I did was update the kuid in accordance with proper procedure and the kuids are definitely not mine. We're not talking cloned assets, but assets that are being stored in the DLS database incorrectly. In at least two of the three cases, I remember that I uploaded fixes on the same day as I uploaded some of my own content, so I wonder if maybe the automated checker or some other bot in the food chain gets confused. In any case, the fact that the database turns up the wrong info on a search suggests that there is quite a lot that needs to be fixed, but it can only be done on Auran's end.

Rest easy.

I have emailed the person concerned. If you didn't get an email, your conscience is clear as far as I am concerned.

I'm certain it was a error, I just want confirmation of that before I ask Auran to correct the KUID.

Peter

I think that the matter has been resolved satisfactorily. It was not malicious or wilful copying so the matter is closed.

Peter

Back