Namely don't use the the default 2019 ones for 2022

Yanno I should post SCREENSHOTS, in the SCREENSHOTS section
But there's no VIDEOS section so don't blame me for these
heh heh heh

Last edited:
ONCE MORE FROM THE TOP
ql3meIa.jpg

view

Good luck! Amazing how long this project has gone on for.

Mostly it's due to me not understanding why the train failed to port from game to game going in order of release
Trainz >UTC > TRS 2004 > TRS 2006 > TC 1&2 3 > TS 2010 > TS 12 > TANE > TMR 2017 > TRS 19 > TRS 22 ( where we are now )
Ultimatly it was due to a legacy texture issue somewhere along the way I didn't discover until I tried to port it into TRS 2019 the very first time
The error messages were hard for me to figure out as to what was going on, so I figured make a test train car from scratch & go from there
That told me all I need to know, so everything had to roll back to TRS 2004, when it was still working without issues / error messages / etc
Then I went forward game by game more or less in order tweeking config files every step of the way to deal with content no longer supported / removed from the DS / not updated for the current game
That's why we're now VERSION 8+ with the + covering the fact that I had to make it slightly different for each game, minor tweeks so it'd work for that game, not major overhauls like before
Granted the biggest changes came about to how it looked as each game made it look more pixely, hey back in Trainz itself graphic cards were the reason I made it just texures, to run on low-end PCs
NOW the reverse problem high-end graphic cards and it looks LOW-POLY, so add more layers to hide that fact, that's why the call numbers, banners, icons, names, became their own separate things
Added details are a welcome addon / update to the train makes things less pixely / low-poly looking and best of all the older versions look good too as it's not a huge performance hit to do that
So when all is said & done every change was to make it look better, while keeping it so it could still be run on older PCs or not so high end gaming rigs as that's what I had at the start of this project
20 years is still 20 years, PCs have gotten better along with graphic cards, sound cards, and so on, now the biggest problem would be if the game goes VR, then we might be looking at Version 9 ;-)

Last edited:
- Future Plans -
If the next version of TRS is a huge change then we'll see 9.0 if not expect 8.0+ for that as well
( minor cosmetic changes only )
Until then if I make any changes to the route or plop down new drives of things
( Like starting in LA ending in NY )
This should be all ... for now that is

First time i see this project i was totally unaware of this. My main interest has to do with realistic models as more accurate it is possible they can be presented, that existed in past times. However your personal persistence on this Train from the future it is worthy and fully appreciated. I do not know the source of this project i mean i have not seen it, you are saying that this stopped at 1980s i was 4 years old at that time. From all the pictures i have seen, there is one before 5 threads that represents the model exactly as it was. It has something from the Battlestar Galactica era. I used to play the online title in the past and i have to tell you that the design of the locomotive in this last picture brought me memories of the mothership of the human side. If you remove the boogies from the picture is looking closer to this spaceship. So your project is something surreal and it can stand alone as a solo category. So far so good. My personal suggestion about your project is that you have to focus on 2 things to make it a more perfect representation of the original photograph. The textures and the colors and maybe some details that i am not expert to analyze. Keep the hard work for this i am confident that you will find the solution so it will appear as more accurate to this photo. I wish you a happy new year!

I'm not good w/ curves in 3D so the Train is as it is, there's also the issue of copyright, unsure if NBC / Universal will come after me if it was 100% like it was on the show way back when
If I was better at making 3D stuff, I'd had done it better then it looks here, but as far as that goes I made a fancy box and that's the limit of what I can do w/ Gmax
Anyone is free to improve upon the model after all is said & done I've put all the Gmax files on my Google Drive along w/ everything else

Back