Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary of your "SuperTrainz" project! I did remember watching your Trainz videos back in 2006/2007 (middle school) which was years before I myself became a furry/aeromorph (I drew anthro machines for 10 years now) and if it weren't for you, I would've never heard of NBC's SuperTrain (& its catchy disco theme song) and your own Amtrak creations. So keep up the good work! :cool:

Also, I used your track for a module (now on DLS) I made a while back for anyone who may be interested in using it for projects relating to the cancelled "Breitspurbahn" from WWII. I think the SuperTrain might've got some inspiration from that old plan, especially with the wide German trains having stuff like rolling luxury hotels.

I didn't know about the failed German train until recently, Saw the video online somewhere not that long ago, Yea, I wonder if NBC / Universal knew about that ? Possibly not... Granted the actual show's creators might have, too bad we can't ask them, are they still even around to ask ? Might be something I should make, kinda right up my alley, so to speak ... ;-)

That "OTHER" supertrain ... well just 1 train car, but still ;-)

bRfvdTU.jpg

Last edited:
TrainMaster brought it up so I looked into it and was like, at least it'll be easier then Supertrain was ... And it was ... ;-)

Adding 3 wheel bogies to it currently

Last edited:
Well, still can't upload SuperTrain to the DLS guess it just does not like it at all...

Oh well still have it on Google drive

The German Supertrain is on my google drive ;-) Along with the route so you can do your own drives with it ...

JOCNrYk.jpg

Last edited:
A few notes on the Supertrain end car ... It took several tries to get it to cooperate ...

No I couldn't alter my caboose as it had too many changes done to it ... It's not 100% like the show, but it's close enough ;-)

There is no inside to this car, I wanted you to be able to stand on the porch like on the show but the game wasn't having that at all, meh, typical

So I made it play music instead, so it can replace the disco car on the train, if you don't like the colors of that car, and want it to match the rest of the train instead

And because it's at the back of the train the sounds of the Loco & Dummy won't drown out the music & vice versa, so it's better that way if you ask me

So version 8.0 is done ? Well more or less, it's to the point where I'm happy with it, so there's that at least

Well 8.0 + actually as it's for ... deep breath ... TANE ... TMR ... TRS2019 ... TRS 2006 ... TRS 2004 ... exhale ... That's why it took a bit longer to fix everything porting from game to game ... and relearning Gmax too

Back