Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

TRS 2019 Screen Shots

Crossing - To save me from posting every version of the crossing we'll just post this one, the others are just 4 lane roads & at angles for 2 lane & 4 lane roads, that's pretty much it

1CeSPkT.jpg

TRS 2019 Screen Shots

Misc - Just things I made for fun for the other end of the Route in Los Angeles, yes I know I made the HollyWood sign a bit big but there's no hillside to put it on here, it's just on the ground

m1VWg4U.jpg

Okay, that took awhile, heh heh heh

Anyway hopefully this can easily port over to TRS 2022 with no major headaches involved, however the route might get an overhaul as DENVER is gonna be in TRS 2022 so the whole ROCKIES section will get replaced with that

Screen Shots Inside Edition

NOW after what seems like forever & a day ... I remembered how to hollow out train cars to make insides ... Boolean ! First up the transfer inside ( yea I made it 2 floors as I wasn't sure what to do about the front angle of it )

fqehyEx.jpg

fqehyEx

fqehyEx

Last edited:

Caboose Inside - Again, I wasn't sure about the angle on the back so made it 2 floors to save myself from any headaches, and to give a nice big view to passengers who ride back here also

NP7xbrB.jpg

Last edited:

Diner Inside - Just like I was planning to do once I recalled how to hollow out the train cars, which going by this set of screen shots, I did

YSuDFrp.jpg

Last edited:

Updated Generic Inside - I redid this mostly to fix the centering issue I had with the old one and to remove the overly cut-out windows from the old one as well, this one uses an alpha mask for the windows which is much better

Ew9VxJv.jpg

Last edited:

Updated Loco Inside - And of course having better luck using alpha masks gave me a reason to fix the same issue with Locomotive inside so it lines up with the outside texture now instead of these big huge cut-out windows

uzRGl14.jpg

Last edited:

Movie Theater Inside - 2 floors because I wanted a big screen in the theater and for no one to block the screen, yea I tested it out with only 1 floor first and the screen seemed too small, so I redid it to be 2 floors instead

9zS7PDs.jpg

Last edited:

Pool Inside - no diving board, due to roof being right there, oh well, you can still go for a swim ;-)

KgIVl4G.jpg

Last edited:

View Inside ( you have to look closely to tell the difference from the sleeper / coach inside )

sCBZH2Y.jpg

Of course the updated Generic Inside is used for 1/2 the train cars as before, Generic, Club, Standard, TeeVee, Passenger, Lounge, I think that's all that use it, I might have to double check them to be sure...

Future trains cars ? Not sure, this train keeps getting longer ;-) Currently I made a train car called TEST which is to test out ideas on see if they work out or not, it's also a backup if things go wrong, like they did when everything got lost due to hard drive failure, that was back before I had an 2nd drive to put everything on, so if C:\ goes south again, all my work is not on there so it's all good, of course it's also backuped, is that a word even ? on my Google drive as well.

I made a Gantry for it, just don't have it anywhere on the route as for the most part it's one track heading one way and I don't have a 2nd train sitting on it anywhere, well, just outside of the Main station in New York, a behind the scenes area with the Half Pint sitting there on one session on one of the older games, just not on the current game, I made a different session for the Half Pint in TRS 2019, also not sure how to automate it anyway so there's that.

Will I be doing insides for the Half Pint ? Well I updated the Loco Inside & Generic inside for it, as for the rest, just leaving it as is, it too undersized to fit anything really anyway, less I make all the insides 2 floors front to back, the seats will look oversized that way if we keep them in scale to the normal one, just a lot of extra work for me is all it means to do the Half Pint, not really looking forward to that really heh heh heh, anyway nearing the 20th anniversary.

Wait that can't be right ... let's see I started this back in TRAINZ 1.1.1 more or less and that came out in 2002 ? TRS 2022 marks 20 years ? Well... I guess I need to make an Supertrain Anniversary Train Car just for fun ;-)

Vote ? I think the second one looks better, the 1st one was just a rush job in paint, the font looks okay but the train car is kinda bland really, meh

sjeZaXF.jpg

WAITING - is the hardest part !

Currently uploading the Half Pint Supertrain to the download station ... Wish me luck ... I've had the worst luck when it comes to that ... If it dose work it tells me what I need to do for Supertrin itself
Different Names & Numbers ... As the Half Pint is called CTC >___ < loco, dummy, etcetera ... IF it works that is ... like I said i've had the worst luck with it over the years...

While we wait I'm uploading all my Gmax Files to my Google drive, why ? I donno, maybe so folks can reskin the models themselves ;-) Want better colors or different colors even yea you can do that now, well not right away as you gotta wait for the files to upload first

Also might give someone who's a bit better at 3D models to give it a go, yanno make it look even closer to how it looked on the show, keep in mind you can't charge for it as there MIGHT be a copyright claim from NBC / Universal for all we know, that's why I did this for free

Granted NBC / Universal isn't keeping track of the model that was posted a few pages back, restoring it to it's former glory for history & or putting in in a museum to be put on display as what NOT TO DO FOR A TV SERIES ;-)

Last edited:
BTW - Half Pint uploaded to the DLS !

So ... Waiting part 2 starts ...

Lets see how long this takes, eh ?

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary of your "SuperTrainz" project! I did remember watching your Trainz videos back in 2006/2007 (middle school) which was years before I myself became a furry/aeromorph (I drew anthro machines for 10 years now) and if it weren't for you, I would've never heard of NBC's SuperTrain (& its catchy disco theme song) and your own Amtrak creations. So keep up the good work! :cool:

Also, I used your track for a module (now on DLS) I made a while back for anyone who may be interested in using it for projects relating to the cancelled "Breitspurbahn" from WWII. I think the SuperTrain might've got some inspiration from that old plan, especially with the wide German trains having stuff like rolling luxury hotels.

Back