Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

A bit off-topic 2 trains, I made way back in my modelling days, the steam locomotive is the biggest steamer (The Goliath Locomotive)in trainz the downside is that it's a completely useless locomotive because it has no pulling power and very impracticable to drive there are no route can handle its huge size. The blue Locomotive (SD85E-2 & Booster Unit) on the other hand is a tank in pulling power able to hull stupidly heavy loads over 50k tones and 10+ mile-long trains tested pulling power is 49k tones but the downside is it derails on curves and takes a long time to get up to speed unless you had 100miles or more in a strait line of track with no grads, you can use it on it's more of a wasteland huller. I don't show off them because there ugly and not my most proud models they are just failed attempts at an ideal that never took off, The SD85E-2 has a little sister that looks abit better and 3/4's the size.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Last edited:
Amtrak Superliners Revisited /Remade

A few notes...

The old gMax files were in rough shape as it was the first versions I made not the later ones when I had learned more

Everything I had learned from V8 of Supertrain will be used on these, you betcaha ;-)

Some details like actually having the Superliner name on the sides, I couldn't find the actual font BUT I have something close to it that I used on my Faux Remake recently

Also car names and numbers on the sides 'cause why not, eh ?

It took a few hours to do just the baggage car, oy vey, so many headaches lining things up perfectly, because the textures are extra long I split them in half back in the day

So making just the baggage car was the goal as the others will use the same body, just different textures, so one is done so far onto the rest of them

Even More Progress, hey if they work in TRS 2004 they're good for later games, just so you know TRS 2004 is where I test things first to see if anything is busted, missing textures, ect

LRKspfU.png

Now waiting for them to upload to the download station ... Just think these will replace the old files which currently are missing on the download station ... well if they do upload I've had rotton luck with that lately ...

Granted watch they do take only because it'll see them as pre Trainz Ultimate Collection because they're just updates of the old ones any way heh heh heh

P.S.

If you don't feel like waiting for The Download Station to get it's act together ... I put the different game versions of the Superliners there as that's a heck of a lot faster then waiting however long for them to get through everything

By there I mean my google drive link below

Last edited:
I'm going to see if I can isolate the windows from the lounge car...

No real reason ;-)

Last edited:
TRS2006 CCP is not co-operating with my content to update it, is what's wrong & I'm not sure why, meh

Maybe I should use the later CCP in TC ? Something's gotta work as doin' it by hand has been getting me nowhere

Someone asked me about Razorback Railway & Supertrain running along the route ... It would mean laying down however many miles of Acme Track or dropping HalfPint on it for testing ... and Razorback is for TANE & I just put up HalfPint on the Download Station recently .. and I got a few hours to kill so ;-)

I forgot how long it took to download Razorback, so much for a quick drive ;-)

Here I am a day later, I went to bed while it downloaded, and at last I setup a session with the half pint Supertrain, test results will come later on as to how long it takes to run the whole route in one go
Granted I could make passenger stops because well you can and that kinda seems the point to this route as I see the little green bars over the station here at the start, but that would take a bit of time
So I could make 2 different runs one where we just floor it & go as fast as we can while following the speed limits or not, heh heh heh, don't have to, but we could, the other stopping for passengers
And jotting down the times for each run for those that want to know this information seeing that it's close to 9am my time that sounds like a good time to start

Take Two, 'cause I needed to go over the route & make sure I wasn't going in circles in places or getting derailed forgot just how long all this was 'till I got going at a pretty good clip at 222 mph, was taking time but I noticed that's the same city and then it was again & again & again & you get the idea, so went into the editor and switched switches to head not in a great big circle and to avoid derailing, both are bad for a speed run after all ;-)

Razorback Railway Revisited

10:00 am - started at one end of the route as far from the other end as I could tell by the minimap
10:05 am - cameras were wigging out due to the speed, things weren't rendering in fast enough to keep up
10:10 am - halfway point of route, gah so many switches I hope I set them right, only one way to know
10:15 am - hope we don't spook the cows as the disco music starts to play as night falls ( set game time to 60x )
10:20 am - arrive at other end of route, wait that can't be right I remember this taking longer for some reason

I think I was running an AMTRAK train on there ages ago and that might be why I thought it took longer

Some changes made due to trying to get this up on TrainzLuvr

Had to make the sound files as part of one car & not the other car, so the day-time music only comes from the Disco car and the night-time music comes only from the End car, this was to keep the files sizes under 50MB as that's the limit of what I can upload to TrainzLuvr so call this YET another change to 8+ on one hand it's just those 2 cars cars that change and not the whole set so the number should be the same 'cause it's not a total overhaul like before.

So it should be good to go there, and it's all more or less 1 file for the whole thing not like the separate ones for each car, well except the Disco & End cars but that has more to do with the sound files being .wav which are not compressed like MP3s are so meh, whatever works to have a backup location to get this from.

The tracks will be as well as it can all be all under one project there, AND this prompted me to put up the train as a collection cdp not the tracks, but the whole train itself as one big file, less work to download under the new folder EIGHT PLUS on my google drive down below.

Last edited:
Back