Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

Cool, an updated Supertrain version to your older creation, what is the track gauge ?

Super Track, well, actually I'm making the track in Gmax so it'll be dual guage, so you can drive normal sized trains on the same tracks as SuperTrain, track is just made up of boxes to save me headaches from trying to make something so small in the program ( meh ) it seems to wig out a lot when you go too far down in scale, things start to fly 'round in the 3D viewport namely

Having problems making the train in Blender, 'cause I forgot how I made it in Gmax, basically relearning Gmax just so I can use that as a guide to help me w/ Blender

Oy vey, knew I should of saved progress on the last version I made, heh heh heh, I pretty much have had to use a old version to start from, oh well, figures...

Might get a lot of blender plug-ins to make it more like Gmax so I have a better idea on what to do...

Note - THIS WAS NOT MADE IN BLENDER -

iXpqPpu.jpg

Turns out the issue with the Gmax version of everything is a lot of legacy files that were hidden in the models, happened w/ each update I did going by how the error messages are, I'm guessing this 'cause said messages are a bit over my head to translate into English, but I just went into Gmax & started to remove the old image files from the train cars one by one, yea, this is gonna take some time, but look at it this way, if I get it working in the newest TRS, I can go backwards & get it to work for the older stuff, TANE & Soforth namely, it works as-is in everything from TRAINZ to Trainz Classic, just AFTER that I run into problems, but NOW it more or less tells me what the problems are this time around.

Good to hear,

Agree if you can have this work in several versions of Trainz, that would be awesome.........;)

There has been lots of disenchanted folks because something will work in One Version, and fall on it's face in another....

There are fair amount of folks here that use, and prefer the older Versions of Trainz for a myriad of Reasons, especially compatibility issues.....:( Along the lines of Software like Windows versions and other Operating Sys such as Apple.

Copy :Woulfe Note - THIS WAS NOT MADE IN BLENDER -,,,,,,,

Good luck with your Project then..........:wave:

Hi Woulfe,
Nice to read you are doing stuff with the Supertrain.
I have the V2 version running in Tane through to TRS19 Plus no problems, I have even reskinned (for personal use only) the train set in Metallic blue with red & white bands (kinda USA). And also in Metallic Steel a shade lighter than the original but sort off gives it a more futuristic look.

I was considering upgrading the track to have concrete sleepers rather than wooden - wood looks off! Any thoughts on this?

Keep up the good work.

Good News, seems like the train ported fine into TANE, not so much the others however... So we got it working in at least 2 of the newer ones...

Bad News, The route made it into TRS2019, but it's all flat now, no rivers, valleys, mountains, just one long flat, and grid everywhere as far as the eyes can see...

So far, It doesn't work in Trainz, UTC, TS2010, TS12, but it works in everything else, might have to just redo the route from scratch...

- PS -

Oh, like high speed rails ? Yeah that'd work better for how fast Supertrain can go.... Well, would go if I replaced the engine it's linked to, the F7 Hot Rod doesn't seem to work anymore...

Last edited:
Hi Woulfe,

The F7 Hotrod engine works fine for me in TRS19 and versions below?????

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:-25:484> F7 hotrod

There are possibly a few other engines you could use that have the speed factor ie: TGV, [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:58223:25485> Marsz-I Marsz Units HST Engine Specifications update v1 - very fast.[/FONT][/FONT]

That's weird, as I had made a small route, basically a figure 8, and put the petal down, and it only got up to like 55... Think the whole "you are speeding" thing might be the problem ?

Namely is the game slowing it down just 'cause I'm trying to see how fast it'll go... Minus crashing of course...

Hi Woulfe,

Try this one it only needs two or three plus "W" to reach 500 km

<kuid:58223:25485> Marsz-I Marsz Units HST Engine Specifications update v1 - very fast

Still not going anywhere near the speed it was on the show, think I might need to mess around w/ the config file and put a statement in there or something so it knows it can go that fast...

Gotta remember this worked fine in older versions just not so much in the newest one...

Should of known how to do this a long time ago really, now I got to erase the old names off the train cars, heh heh heh

8j44I66.jpg

Well, looks like TRS2012 is a bust, I took what worked just fine in TRS2019, popped it in there, lotsa missing textures, so meh, well, like I said it works in a few of the newer games, so there's that

more testing ahead folks...

V E R S I O N 8 . 0

Maybe that was a bit much there...
Let's see, lot's of changes ( so far )

1. redesign of most of the train cars, they still have that nice windows glow a bit at night thing, hey had to keep that at least ;-)

2. all new bogies, look more like the ones from the show, even with the bad angles of the still shots of the train that are online
( see the lost & found part of this thread as a prime example ) Still not able to make curves in GMAX so the boxy look stays...

3. route is getting a huge makeover, firstly the old tracks that were just a mesh are going away, replaced by rails made in GMAX
(boxes on top of other boxes namely)

4. (coming soon) NAMES on the cars & NUMBERS, totally gonna look better then the ones that have been on there forever & a day

With so many changes from the last one it's time to go up a number again ;-)

Last edited:
Version 8 of the train is pretty much ready well, at least on TRS2004, in fact I will end up making changes JUST so it'll run in every version of the game, it'll still be version 8...
It'll go like this 'till someone has a better idea ;-)
Super8-TRS2004.cdp then Super8-TRS2006.cdp then Super8-Classic.cdp then Super8-TS2010.cdp then Super8-TS12.cdp then Super8-TANE.cdp then Super8-TRS19
The route is another matter, if it won't go into the later games due to too many issues with it, yer all stuck w/ the Test Track I made for it in TRS19, that's a giant figure 8 by the way ;-)

Okay... First of all... Had to skip TRS2006... it didn't want to work... Typical... Also had to skip TS2010 ... same reason... The route is taking a long time to fix... about average with all the issues it has...

HOWEVER... TS12 not only took the train in... it broke it down into a whole mess of CDPs... which I decided to toss to the Download station... Should show up in a few days or whatever... ;-)

So this means all that's left is TANE... progress is good on the train there... the test track was a good idea... might toss it onto the Download Station just so folks have something to run it on ;-)

OH, same thing with the Half Pint edition, go fig, eh ? But it's one big file not a bunch of little files, 'cause reasons (tm) Possibly due to a lot less legacy issues there 'cause that was made from scratch more or less, I did use the Supertrain Textures for it, yea, but not much of anything else...

Thinking of packing the Gmax files to my Google Drive, so people can mess with them, namely so folks can reskin the train all you want... heh heh heh heh Yes the original textures will be part of the zip file, kinda have to be to do anything w/ it to start with, and maybe folks can figure out how to get it to light up the windows at night w/ out faking it like it does currantly w/ the reflections cranked up to max...

ANYWAY... From this point forward... getting the train to work past TS12 should be a lot easier... as it already has ;-) Just have been tweeking it to look better... Like removing the ugly jagged drawn by hand practically names on the sides... 'cause I recalled how the whole Alpha thing works in game... and I was like should we add these to the cars ? The answer was yes of course, what's a few more polys added, it's not like the windows I made in one of the old versions, just a lot of black boxes on the sides... THAT was a mistake... more so for people w/ not so great computers... I was one of them...

ALSO... If I figure out how to get a sound file to play from the train... 'cause I got the perfect "SOUND" for it, some of you have heard it already I'm sure, currently it's a .wav file BUT I can convert it into a MP3 easily, if that's doable in TRAINZ even as all I've seen in config files is .wav so not sure if turning it into an MP3 is even a good idea...

ANYHOW... to wrap this message up... ~ I've been workin' onna rail-road, all the live long day... ~ ( etc etc etc ) DISCO LIVES !

Le Chief Du Super ;-)

P.S. When I said I Had to Skip TRS2006, I meant mostly the route, not the train... the train did fine... the test track ( figure 8 ) is good, the huge as heck route, not so much...

Last edited:
Supertrain might come to TMR as it's not that different then TANE and so for progress is nice on there ;-)

Back