Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

United States of America, Colorado, Longmont

Yea, not sure what's going on there as I thought I cleaned that up for TRS19....

What I'll do is go into TRS19 myself & see what's going on with it...

Upload the fixed version of the train car, as it's just that 1 that has the issue ?

Not like the whole set is like that, right ?

If it's just the 1 I'll make it a separate upload called "8.1 fix"

BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FIX & NOT THE OLD ONE

That's just to avoid headaches ;-)

Default Going Backwards to go foreward

8.1 aka minor fixes to things

Seeing that this has happened twice now, going to backtrack to TRS2004 and see if it's a Legacy issue, as that seems to be the origin of many of these problems...

Also had issues getting the train to work in TRS2006 due not to legacy issues but due to me trying to future proof the train for the later games...

TRS2006 wasn't having ANY of that, it wanted to use an older version, sill Version 8, just the one from TRS2004, now it works fine, go fig....

SO there will be a TRS2006 version of it after all, the route at least wasn't a issue w/ TRS2006 so there's that problem solved...

Also, yes THE BIG BUS is going to be somewhere on the route, I won't say as that's part of the fun ;-)

Xanadu is coming I'm just being really slow about it, after all it's just Scenery, not like it'll be hard to make, so I'm not rushing it out....

As for the fix, it's live now, yeah it didn't take long to find & squash that bug ;-)

If the thumbnail does not look like this it's not the upgrade / fix version

Woulfe, is that only fixed for the 2019 version? Or is the T:ANE version fixed as well?

It should work on all of them, I think, I'll have to test it out...

Was meant to be a general fix, as it'd might take awhile to make different ones for each game...

Future proofing is a new concept as far as this project goes....

;-)

P.S. I tried out the sign I was working on in game... the neon tubes are too small to work like the windows on the train, namely have a slight glow to them at night, so going w/ the backup plan of just making a mask to get the right effect going, this is a good thing as the tubes turned out to be like 100 objects around the letters, oy vey...
    Last edited by Woulfe; February 27th, 2020 at 01:26 AM.

The main reason for so many different versions of the train is the locomotive & dummy mostly as things get harder to keep the train going a minumum of 200 MPH like in the TV series...

The cars following don't really need a major overhaul in each version as they go all the way back to the 'default wagon' that's been there from Trainz 1.0 still built into the game...

This is to say that there isn't a 'default' to go to when it come to making a high-speed train, your left with the whims of whoever makes the content for you to borrow from...

So if X removes their high-speed configurations from the DLS we're kinda left high & dry with finding a new one to use for whatever game we're trying to port the train to...

So for the most part any changes to the cars themselves isn't all that much work, it only becomes a lot of work when the train is all together as a whole...

Still reskining / retexturing the whole mess is the main reason behind 8.0 being a thing, I wanted it to look better for the later games...

The upside is they look better in the older games as well, well, the ones that don't seem to have an issue w/ the whole mess...

If the folks behind the game would make high-speed trains LESS of a headache to create it'd solve a lot of my problems...

BUT, I doubt that will become a thing as most of the game seems geared to past & present trains...

Namely 'till High-seed trains are all over the world, not just in a few countries here & there...

We're kinda left to our own devices...

Such as it is ;-)
    Last edited by Woulfe; February 27th, 2020 at 02:43 AM.

I think this was the last pic I had of version 5 or so... Now I so gotta do the same pic of version 8 as a side by side...

Heck, I should do a side by side video I do have a lot of the old videos just laying around ( thanks to You Tube mostly )

Now that i'm here...

Now that yer near...

Needless to say it wasn't easy to get a neon effect but I managed anyway ;-)

The Big Bus - in game, looks better then the Gmax pic I did awhile back ;-)

BAD NEWS

Looks like TS12 is also a no go, well, the route anyway, the train is fine, again, looks like yet another game will be stuck w/ the figure 8 test track for now...

GOOD NEWS

Got blender to make a piece of scenery ;-)

That bus must have been a really wild ride!

It was in the movie of the same name ;-)

I think I figured a way to get the route into TS12 as well as TRS2019... I'll have to start from scratch.... Namely...

1. Download all the layouts for that version of the game...

2. Bulldoze the main line tracks, but this time keep all the side tracks...

3. Place down the Acme tracks in the same location as the bulldozed main tracks...

4. Fix holes left by content manager as best as I can...

5. Place cameras were needed... mostly along the NEC part of it all...

6. Save every few mins as it tends to crash a lot when going through this process...

7. Hope that going though this yet AGAIN will get better results then trying to upgrade the route from an older game save....

8. Hit the games that refuse to co-operate w/ a naughty stick so they'll behave...

9. Try to figure out WHY the route just won't upgrade from game to game...

10. Repeat these steps 'till SOMETHING actually WORKS ;-)

This is gonna take awhile....

Testing Phase.... TRS2019...

Well, looks like my plan might work...

Downloaded the old New York Region map....

Waited for TRS2019 to download all the assets...

Brought it up in game...

Map is textureless but at least all the elevations are there, as is the water...

I'll possibly just leave it textureless as that will be a lot of work once the entire route is in game...

Had no idea it'd do this, but much better then the crazy flattened map when I tried to import the route from TANE / TMR17...

Better then nothing I suppose...

;-)

P.S. Then again... Took the old NEC map & no textures... no elevations... well okay... new plan... get route into TS12 & then put that into TRS2019

Again something has to work... yush ?
    Last edited by Woulfe; March 4th, 2020 at 06:20 AM.