Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

The main reason for so many different versions of the train is the locomotive & dummy mostly as things get harder to keep the train going a minumum of 200 MPH like in the TV series...

The cars following don't really need a major overhaul in each version as they go all the way back to the 'default wagon' that's been there from Trainz 1.0 still built into the game...

This is to say that there isn't a 'default' to go to when it come to making a high-speed train, your left with the whims of whoever makes the content for you to borrow from...

So if X removes their high-speed configurations from the DLS we're kinda left high & dry with finding a new one to use for whatever game we're trying to port the train to...

So for the most part any changes to the cars themselves isn't all that much work, it only becomes a lot of work when the train is all together as a whole...

Still reskining / retexturing the whole mess is the main reason behind 8.0 being a thing, I wanted it to look better for the later games...

The upside is they look better in the older games as well, well, the ones that don't seem to have an issue w/ the whole mess...

If the folks behind the game would make high-speed trains LESS of a headache to create it'd solve a lot of my problems...

BUT, I doubt that will become a thing as most of the game seems geared to past & present trains...

Namely 'till High-seed trains are all over the world, not just in a few countries here & there...

We're kinda left to our own devices...

Such as it is ;-)

Last edited:
nzogjP2.jpg

I think this was the last pic I had of version 5 or so... Now I so gotta do the same pic of version 8 as a side by side...

Heck, I should do a side by side video I do have a lot of the old videos just laying around ( thanks to You Tube mostly )

Now that i'm here...

Now that yer near...

5WaObz5.jpg

Needless to say it wasn't easy to get a neon effect but I managed anyway ;-)

BAD NEWS

Looks like TS12 is also a no go, well, the route anyway, the train is fine, again, looks like yet another game will be stuck w/ the figure 8 test track for now...

GOOD NEWS

Got blender to make a piece of scenery ;-)

I think I figured a way to get the route into TS12 as well as TRS2019... I'll have to start from scratch.... Namely...

1. Download all the layouts for that version of the game...

2. Bulldoze the main line tracks, but this time keep all the side tracks...

3. Place down the Acme tracks in the same location as the bulldozed main tracks...

4. Fix holes left by content manager as best as I can...

5. Place cameras were needed... mostly along the NEC part of it all...

6. Save every few mins as it tends to crash a lot when going through this process...

7. Hope that going though this yet AGAIN will get better results then trying to upgrade the route from an older game save....

8. Hit the games that refuse to co-operate w/ a naughty stick so they'll behave...

9. Try to figure out WHY the route just won't upgrade from game to game...

10. Repeat these steps 'till SOMETHING actually WORKS ;-)

This is gonna take awhile....

Testing Phase.... TRS2019...

Well, looks like my plan might work...

Downloaded the old New York Region map....

Waited for TRS2019 to download all the assets...

Brought it up in game...

Map is textureless but at least all the elevations are there, as is the water...

I'll possibly just leave it textureless as that will be a lot of work once the entire route is in game...

Had no idea it'd do this, but much better then the crazy flattened map when I tried to import the route from TANE / TMR17...

Better then nothing I suppose...

;-)

P.S. Then again... Took the old NEC map & no textures... no elevations... well okay... new plan... get route into TS12 & then put that into TRS2019

Again something has to work... yush ?

Last edited:
Well, turns out it didn't work, typical...

Okay TS12 like so many others, gets a figure 8 test track...

Done & Done...

TRS2019, same there...

That should now cover every game....

Well, not Trainz 1.0 & TS10 as I mentioned before...

Trainz 1.0 won't take all the changes I've made to Supertrain...

TS10, everything is black in it, and not sure why...

So gonna put the figure 8 test tracks on my Google Drive along w/ everything else of course...

Also releasing a 8.2 bug fix for the Disco car, as it had issues plying the sound files correctly...

Both files would play at the same time instead of one during the day & the other during the night...

OOPS =P

Hard to believe I got this all updated as fast as I did, normally this would take me MONTHS of getting frustrated not knowing what to fix or how to fix it...

So this point forward should be a breeze, less they change the game a lot in the next version, lets hope not =P

New things are on my Google Drive currently, let me know if anything is missing...

Well, technicaly there is 1 missing KUID, but that's something I made for myself on the route, not meant for release to the general public...

58805:215643 - I think that's the number I gave my personal asset that I made, thanks to Blender, and it wasn't really made for this game at all but for something else altogether...

I was just testing out how well blender files translate into Trainz, and for the most part it kinda worked, and kinda didn't, but It's not for everybody anyway just for my own self...

BUT, at least it works for scenery, for making trains however, It might take me a LONG time to learn how to work with it, it's a bit more complex then Gmax that much is certain...

I made things for Planet Coaster in Blender I could port over to Trainz, like the HOLLYWOOD sign ;-)

I know where to place it as well, there is a nice hillside near the train station in Los Angeles after all...

You'd think the route would be done at this point but I keep having ideas of things to add to it, like The Big Bus & Xanadu got added after the fact that I had got the route into the later games

heh heh heh

ABOUT VERSION 8.0 +

- Long overdo changes mostly to bring everything into the newer games -

Okay gonna skip ahead a few versions less people really want to know about them ;-)
Granted you can go back through this very thread to read up on them if you like.

1. Redid the skins / textures of every train-car top to bottom to kill any legacy skins / textures from previous versions

2. Added names & numbers to each train-car, as sometimes it's hard to tell them apart ( no really it is )

3. Redid the route from scratch so it'll port over better from game to game ( note : some games it didn't want to do that )

4. Made all new bogies as the old ones were broken for the most part ( solid color texture / skin issue )

5. Made all new tracks so you can run normal gauge trains on the same tracks as Supertrain ( a long overdue idea )

6. Fixed the old Stations to use the new tracks, hey it had to be done to use the newer dual gauge tracks

7. Fixed the old railroad crossings, same reason as the stations, so everything would be uniform on the route

8. For folks that want a choice the new high speed dual gauge rails are called Acme Tracks ( Acme Bridge, Ect )
For wooden rails the name is Dual Tracks ( Dual Bridge, Etc )

There that should bring everything up to date as far as I know.

I've had too many issues w/ the DLS due to so many revisions of my content as of late as I've made versions for each game that don't work in any of the other games, going backwards or forward w/ the games that is...

This is why it's called Version 8 + meaning for each game has a version 8 made just for that game, like TRS2004, TRS2006, TrainzClassic, TANE, TMR17, TRS2019 ( TRS2010 & TRS2012 don't have a working version yet )

Also easier for me if my computer crashes then I can fetch a working version to get it back the way it was before I had a crash, as that just happened recently....

Hi! I downloaded the two files at the top of the page. I have Acme Supertrain Standard and Acme Supertrain Disco. Can you tell me what all packages I need to download to cover the missing items for these and also flesh out the rest of the Supertrain consist and track/route? Thank you for this very creative effort!

ST-V8 followed by a name should be all the current files you need
ST = SuperTrain V8 = Version 8
I tried to put it all into separate files for folks that want to mix &
match the train cars instead of downloading it all at once...
Granted if folks want that option that is also available, or should be

Hi! I have downloaded quite a bit, but most are faulty, usually for being missing textures like darkgrey, tv_emboss, locomotiveemboss, locomotiveopacity, white, supertrain, supertrain_loco_shadow, and a whole host of others. I have managed to fake a few, but I don't know that I am going to do most of the missing ones.

I tried to fix them myself before uploading them, I might of missed a few as it's a lot to remember at times

Meh

Back