Supertrain : Once more with feeling....

Just tried downloading in T:ANE and got the following error for this asset: <kuid:58805:20022> Acme Supertrain Standard

I can confirm there is no file named tv_emboss.texture anywhere with this asset, nor was it with any of the other Supertrain assets, although they did not throw any errors, so apparently did not need this file.

- <kuid:58805:20022> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'acme_standard_shadow/tv_emboss.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(original)/hash-28||kuid 58805 20022.tzarc|'
- <kuid:58805:20022> VE165: Texture 'acme_standard_shadow/tv_emboss.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'acme_standard_shadow/acme_standard_shadow.pm', material '*acme_standard_shadow*3AA94259*mtl #4*m.gloss'.
- <kuid:58805:20022> VE165: Texture 'acme_standard_shadow/tv_emboss.texture' is missing or could not be loaded in mesh 'acme_standard_shadow/acme_standard_shadow.pm', material '*acme_standard_shadow*3AA94259*mtl #4*m.gloss'.

Thanks! Keep up the great work!

It's still being worked on, that's like 1/2 the messages I've been getting on my end as well, still tweeking things here & there...

I'll upload the actual one for TANE to my google drive soon as I fix the errors, the ones for 2004 / 2006 / etc, they don't want to upgrade, go fig =P

And I mean they don't want to upgrade to TANE standards, sorry for the confusion there...

As you might of guessed there are a lot of legacy textures I'm still hunting down & killing by way of Gmax

Emboss this & that & the other thing is one of them, as I never could get it to work anyway...

Namely it was a cheap way to make everything look more 3D & less 2D...

Last edited:
Good news, it seems to work fine in TANE, not just the train mind you, but the ( just how many base boards is it anyway ) route that takes you from New York to Los Angeles...

Well the NEW route, it's not a rework of the old route as there were far too many issues with that one, so I started from scratch in TRS2004 and cobbled together a new route...

SOME parts of it are the old one, but fixed a bit here & there to make it a bit more interesting to drive cross the country... I should so put in Route 66 along side it in places ;-)

Last edited:
To folks in this thread about the speed problems I was having... Turns out it might not of been that it couldn't go that fast... It was too heavy... Namely the game was taking into account all the cars being pulled behind the loco & dummy, adding their weight up & saying... too heavy to go this fast... SO, taking off at least 1 zero off the weight of the traincars... yea... it adds up after awhile ;-)

So looking up the weight of high speed traincars online see if I was anywhere close ;-)

P.S. I was right it was a weight problem not a speed problem, I dropped the train onto my test track w/ the modifications... cranked it all the way... Zero to like 400+ in a few seconds...

Last edited:
Thinking of putting in a special building in LA next to the station there... A place... where nobody dared to go... a dream that lived though all the years... etc etc etc...

XanaduPanPacific1.JPG

Only because it seems to show up in every game I play around building stuff in...

No idea WHY ;-)

P.S. I made it all NEONy in Planet Coaster so it shouldn't be too hard to figure that out in GMAX...

Last edited:
It couldn't be THIS easy could it ?

SGRJFAB.jpg
[/IMG]

Now I want to tell you before you get all crazy on me...

In blender I had to watch like SEVERAL videos to learn how to make 3D text with it...

This took me all of a few seconds in Gmax as the button is right THERE...

Yes I know, it's JUST the sign on the front of the building, but that took AGES in blender for me to figure out how to just get it to use a font in it, let alone make it 3D...

Did someone ask about late 70's, early 80's NEON ? ;-)

4mn0WMb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And no I'm not going to post every single update to this.... This is just to show I have some idea what I'm trying to do here... that's all ;-)

Also the rest will be just copy paste the tubes all over for the most part, yes even the CURVED parts as GMAX does have a bend button for things...

Last edited:
MEANWHILE...

Poor TS12 isn't getting any love from me, even tho' tests show the train is just fine in it...

I just needed a break from the train for a bit...

Juggling several different versions of 8.0 as it is...

Pretty much one for every game...

Granted not all the way back to Trainz 1.0 as I doubt any of this will even show up in it...

Made far too many changes to it...

Also TS10 everything is just BLACK & don't know why, it's like the shadows & bodies PM / IM got switched somehow...

ANYWAY...

I could just do an alpha mask to get the same effect... NEON that is... but where's the challenge in that ? It seems like almost a cheat just to save a few million polygons being rendered...

I wonder if I could BREAK the new game in that way ? ;-)

And so it starts all over again...

bcZRI0L.jpg
[/IMG]

p7XtQ6R.jpg
[/IMG]

Nnj6bCS.jpg
[/IMG]

gDsTciY.jpg
[/IMG]

Mntrg05.jpg
[/IMG]

koJKKKk.jpg
[/IMG]

kChlXq2.jpg
[/IMG]

GdsYFvd.jpg
[/IMG]

99K1fyX.jpg
[/IMG]

UC0dIZ7.jpg
[/IMG]

And that's like only 1/4 of the images ;-)

Some Notes about Version 8 ( as it's pretty much ready to go now )

- Had to skip a few games that the route would not work in no matter what I did...

TRS 2006 / TS10 / TS12 / TRS2019

- Does this mean the train isn't there ?

No, it's in all but TS10 for it just all black in that game for some reason...

- However...

I could do a second route that uses normal tracks for the half-pint version as it doesn't need as much work, namely no special tracks, bridges, tunnels...
Also it'd take a lot less time to make the route as the tracks will be there from the start...
Well, except for where we'd need to link up the routes to one another...

- As for a route of some kind in the newest game....

The problem there is derailing due to speed, so seems pointless to have to go though all the headaches just to have to drive it slower...
Meh...

Hi woulfe,

I get the following error after downloading "Acme Supertrain Standard [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]<kuid:58805:20022> into TRS19 Plus Beta[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]- <kuid:58805:20022> VE170: Failed to open compiled texture 'acme_standard_shadow/tv_emboss.texture' for 'arc:fld:$(original)/hash-28||kuid 58805 20022.tzarc|'
[/FONT]

Yea, not sure what's going on there as I thought I cleaned that up for TRS19....

What I'll do is go into TRS19 myself & see what's going on with it...

Upload the fixed version of the train car, as it's just that 1 that has the issue ?

Not like the whole set is like that, right ?

If it's just the 1 I'll make it a separate upload called "8.1 fix"

BE SURE TO DOWNLOAD THE FIX & NOT THE OLD ONE

That's just to avoid headaches ;-)

Going Backwards to go foreward

8.1 aka minor fixes to things

Seeing that this has happened twice now, going to backtrack to TRS2004 and see if it's a Legacy issue, as that seems to be the origin of many of these problems...

Also had issues getting the train to work in TRS2006 due not to legacy issues but due to me trying to future proof the train for the later games...

TRS2006 wasn't having ANY of that, it wanted to use an older version, sill Version 8, just the one from TRS2004, now it works fine, go fig....

SO there will be a TRS2006 version of it after all, the route at least wasn't a issue w/ TRS2006 so there's that problem solved...

Also, yes THE BIG BUS is going to be somewhere on the route, I won't say as that's part of the fun ;-)

Xanadu is coming I'm just being really slow about it, after all it's just Scenery, not like it'll be hard to make, so I'm not rushing it out....

As for the fix, it's live now, yeah it didn't take long to find & squash that bug ;-)

1O0FamR.jpg

If the thumbnail does not look like this it's not the upgrade / fix version

It should work on all of them, I think, I'll have to test it out...

Was meant to be a general fix, as it'd might take awhile to make different ones for each game...

Future proofing is a new concept as far as this project goes....

;-)

P.S. I tried out the sign I was working on in game... the neon tubes are too small to work like the windows on the train, namely have a slight glow to them at night, so going w/ the backup plan of just making a mask to get the right effect going, this is a good thing as the tubes turned out to be like 100 objects around the letters, oy vey...

Last edited:
Back