Surveyor Tilt Keys

FootplatePhil

Trainz Tragic since 2002
I can't find it documented in the TRS2006 manuals "Surveyor Keyboards Control Summary", but I remember being able to 'tilt' (ie: rotate in the vertical plane) an object. Seem to have lost that brain cell in my months break from TRS. Can someone remind me ?
Phil

Try using the rotate tool with the object selected.

AJ

Sorry, I can only get that to rotate in the horizantal plane. Am I missing something? I seem to remember a key, which when used in combination with the mouse, allowed vertical plane rotation.

Exactly. I actually edited out the part about the shift key. Most objects can only be rotated 360 degrees looking down from above.

AJ

I was thinking that there was a line that could be added in the config file to allow rolling of an object. Sorry, just don't remember what it is right now.

The best thing about what gfisher mentions is that if you rotate an object within a map, it keeps the same tilt / rotation when the map is used by someone else, even if they don't have those two lines in the config on their PC. If they try to move it however it'll snap straight back to the default angle.

Very useful though :)

JB

The best thing about what gfisher mentions is that if you rotate an object within a map, it keeps the same tilt / rotation when the map is used by someone else, even if they don't have those two lines in the config on their PC. If they try to move it however it'll snap straight back to the default angle.

Very useful though :)

JB

Thanks! That is good to know, as everything I tried it on wouldn't roll.

Use the following:

rotate 1
rotate-yz-range -90,90

Hi, i'm new to Trainz; using 2004. I'm trying to get better standard rotation control--better than what can be achieved by holding down the CTRL button.

I get that what your mentioning above is specifically for tilting or rolling, but
  1. where are those variables dealt with; i'm confused
  2. is there anything similar to them that allows for finer, incremental changes in rotation?

Hi ericwilmoth,

Standard rotation with the rotate button is 1 degree increments, if you hold down the Ctrl key while rotating 0.1 degree increments are possible.

Cheers,
Bill69

Back