Multi Player

ff503750

I search and couldnt find a thread or area on this.

I'm new to this and trying to get a grasp on how MP works and who here plays MP and can tell me about it?

Thanks
Tim

P.s. I'd like to find someone or a group to MP with.

Tim,

You are getting in on the ground floor of MP. There have been several discussions about how to organize and host an MP session, but there is yet a consensus on how it should be implimented. And there are so may player preferences. You have the younger crowd that wants to ram locomotives head on just for fun, all the way up to us old timers that want to run as prototypically as possible. And everything in between.

I am working on a route that will provide prototype operations with a main line of 118 miles, mostly single track with passing sidings and 11 miles of double track centered on the division yard. This route will have about 150 industries spreadout over 15 towns.

IMHO, MP sessions should be scheduled at least a week in advance. Commitment to participate should be golden unless your house is on fire. (This actually happened in an online MP group. They let him off the hook with no demotions!) Specific jobs should be posted just like the real railroads we are trying to simulate with a call board with specific times to be on the job.

If it is a 4 hour session, some jobs will not last that long. A well organized session will jobs that do not run the full 4 hours.

The alternative is two or more guys get on an existing route and start running trains with no plan or idea what the other guy is planning to do. There are several threads on this forum that you might want to review. Just do a search.

If you are searching for a group, what kind of sessions would you like to run?

And welcome to Trainz. You are about to loose all your free time and become addicted to your computer screen.

David

Tim Like Dap said most route have no perpose or meaning to them.
I been on the few routes and you drive from here to there and after a hour or so all you do is look at the senery then others are bowls of spaghetti one track ridding over each other very hard to fine where the INDs are and what they load/unload.
Give me a name of a multiplayer route you would like to run and a day and time i will try to be there and run one with you.
Dap as soon as you get your route ready for testing let me know.

There are lots and lots of MP sessions on the DLS at the moment, it seems that everyone wants to make their own session that no one ever joins because they're all waiting on their own sessions for anyone to join. :p
I'm sure you'll find a bumpercar or drag race with the young'uns somewhere.:hehe:

There are lots and lots of MP sessions on the DLS at the moment, it seems that everyone wants to make their own session that no one ever joins because they're all waiting on their own sessions for anyone to join. :p
I'm sure you'll find a bumpercar or drag race with the young'uns somewhere.:hehe:

Ok apparently idk how to find or know what the DLS is?? Can you share?

Apparently im not gettin this? I have the route downloaded etc. How do I find people to play with me, or play with people on the route?

I am working on a route that will provide prototype operations with a main line of 118 miles, mostly single track with passing sidings and 11 miles of double track centered on the division yard. This route will have about 150 industries spreadout over 15 towns.

IMHO, MP sessions should be scheduled at least a week in advance. Commitment to participate should be golden unless your house is on fire. (This actually happened in an online MP group. They let him off the hook with no demotions!) Specific jobs should be posted just like the real railroads we are trying to simulate with a call board with specific times to be on the job.

If it is a 4 hour session, some jobs will not last that long. A well organized session will jobs that do not run the full 4 hours.

I'm in for this if you hear about or plan of any sessions. I'm not in the young category, and I aim for realism and not speed/effects.

Buster to night Dap is going to try to have a session but you need to down load the route and session.(Conundrum & Pacific route)(conundrum test session)look under DAP as Aurthur. it starts at 6: pm CST USA.
Hope you can join us.
We will be using teamspeak.

Also TS2010 build 49938, but I never see the MP active. My guess is everybody is hot onto TS12 or you just need to pre plan

Sorry I lost this thread for a bit danny, You're east coast then - I'm usually not completely done working until around 9 or 10 PM Pacific time, so if you're up late send me a PM I should be around somewhere. Any time before that it's undependable I get called out here and there and it'd be kinda rotten to have to run. Sunday's usually cool, though

Back