UK Content - Work in Progress

ray_whiley

Following discussion in this forum on what is needed in UK content, there has been some support for a dedicated thread in which creators can say what they are working on at the moment - to avoid duplication and encourage co-operation.

Here is my contribution, as a start. I hope others will join in.

My main task at the moment is updating my 'modern' prefabricated station buildings, platform shelters and waiting rooms introduced by British Railways as part of the 1964 modernisation plan. These were solid models with windows represented by textures - I have begun converting them to fully glazed with interior detail.

Another small project is to check in TS2010 a small loco coaling stage, suitable for a branch terminus, made a long time ago and never published.

In Surveyor, I am creating the track layout of Brandon station on the GER as it was in 1905 - inspired by my recently creating the flint station buildings of that small town on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. Progress is slow as my main interest is in content creation.

Ray

OK, I think I may have listed these elsewhere, but here's my list of projects, ranging from largely finished, through to possible inclination to maybe think about it (i.e. vapourware)....

-A range of UK road marking splines for laying directly on the baseboard (in the style of the AJS street kit. Speeds from 10-70mph. Largely complete.
-A range of UK road splines to match the above. Largely complete.
-More tram pole variants.
-A range of modern office and other buildings. 40% complete?
-An update to my pavement kit to support normal mapping, and include more variants. Barely started.
-A range of road marking symbols and lettering. Texture created.
-An update to my elevated kit. Unstarted.
-UK road direction signs. Barely started.

Paul

I'm now in the process of uploading a wide range of UK road signs (regulatory (circular) and warning (triangular)), which should be all on the DLS in the next 24-48 hours. As some of you may have already seen, I have already uploaded railway speed signs, and am planning to upload various other rail signs in the next few weeks, aswell as creating direction signs (all customised for my own Devon route, so no need to worry about yours Paul!). Through time I'm also hoping to create other various bits of street furniture and signage, and general bits for stations including various buildings at Devon's stations.

List of content in production though not all may get finished or released :

UK 25kv Mk1 Catenary
UK 25kv Mk3 Catenary (various types to add to what's already available)
More Dorman type signals (fixed red with position light , offset etc)
Platform edges (matches TMZ's versions)
Platform tarmac top splines a few more widths up to 20 metres wide .
LMR type 15 signal boxes (Various sizes with basic shells though I'm looking into them having interiors).
A few more modern station buildings (mostly for use with the new version of Midshire)

No worries David - I had considered doing a set of warning/regulation road signs, but I doubt if I'll get round to it soon, if ever. I look forward to seeing yours...

I forgot to add that I'm seriously looking at doing a 3rd rail spline that can be used with any track. I've already created some waygauges to get the spacing right, and trialled it with a clone of Bendorsey's 3rd rail spline. For performance reasons, I'll have to create my own rail (all those round insulators).

I'm also going to do a traffic bollard, similar to those by Jivebunny and DomSarto, but with the sign on only one side (as is usual).

Paul

-A range of UK road marking splines for laying directly on the baseboard (in the style of the AJS street kit. Speeds from 10-70mph. Largely complete.
-A range of UK road splines to match the above. Largely complete.
Paul

Just a quick question as I dont have a copy of 2010...

Are you able to create 4 lane carraigeways with all 4 lanes of traffic flowing in the same direction?

Thanks, Kess

A few things

I am thinking of doing a few things, mainly light industrial units that I wanted for the WCL Section 3.

But in the meantime and as I have felt very unwell today, I pulled out an asset that's been on the back burner and put it together.
Commercial_Just_Floors.jpg

It's a commercial flooring compamy not far from me that I wanted to do. Have it out for testing right now so it will most likely need more work.

The shed at the rear which comes with it was saved out seperately so one small shed in already done, although this one is more large double garage size than industrial. But as it was made I thought it worth making an extra asset out of it.

Also I have another corner shop which will be quite nice (I hope) and already another shed has had it's picture taken so that should be coming out soon too.

And all this between working on Section 3, the part between Westbury and Taunton. But i have to keep stopping to make assets...

Angela

New roads and stuf for GB Trainers? Sounds great and very encouraging. Thanks to all the potentials in the pipeline

Just a quick question as I dont have a copy of 2010...

Are you able to create 4 lane carraigeways with all 4 lanes of traffic flowing in the same direction?

Thanks, Kess

It's possible, but I won't be doing it, as I don't like the way that traffic flows between conventional Trainz roads, and the new 'freeway' style roads. If you connect them together, you can't peel off lanes of traffic or merge properly, so making any kind of junction is basically impossible.

Paul

It's possible, but I won't be doing it, as I don't like the way that traffic flows between conventional Trainz roads, and the new 'freeway' style roads. If you connect them together, you can't peel off lanes of traffic or merge properly, so making any kind of junction is basically impossible.

Paul

Maybe I should ressurect my original UTC/2004 One Way System. As many lanes wide as you like with peel offs or ramps etc. Ill post one of the old screen dumps ehehe.

Kess

Many thanks for all contributions - there's a lot to look forward to! Let's keep it going by adding new projects as they are begun - although I realise that there's enough here to keep all contributors busy for some time.

Angela - My best wishes and hopes that you will soon feel much better.

Ray

Thank you

Many thanks for all contributions - there's a lot to look forward to! Let's keep it going by adding new projects as they are begun - although I realise that there's enough here to keep all contributors busy for some time.

Angela - My best wishes and hopes that you will soon feel much better.

Ray

Dear Ray,
Thank you for your concern. It's the old ticker, keeps doing a hop, skip and a jump, fine if it's only once now and then but it kept on doing it so I lose oxygen circulation which makes me feel pretty awful.
Better today so far, so I am hoping to be able to get over to my doctors and make an appointment, maybe see if they'll give me an oxygen supply.

May I send you these 2 assets so you can give them the once over for me? I would appreciate that.

Bless you,

Angela

Maybe I should ressurect my original UTC/2004 One Way System. As many lanes wide as you like with peel offs or ramps etc. Ill post one of the old screen dumps ehehe.

Kess

Don't get me wrong, my new kit is intended to allow all kinds of multi-lane roads, it just doesn't support Auran's dodgy way of doing it. I've gone through the official design manuals for UK roads to ensure that I've got all of the dimensions and variants right. I'm working on motorway junctions as part of this. I also intend that my revised elevated kit will suit both rail and road applications, so as to enable flyovers etc.

Paul

May I send you these 2 assets so you can give them the once over for me? I would appreciate that.

Dear Angela

Yes of course - I'm always glad to help and I really appreciate the help you have given me, both directly and through the many contributions to the thread you started some time ago asking for help with GMax - I found so many of the responses really useful.

Best wishes.

Ray

Cheers Ray

Dear Angela

Yes of course - I'm always glad to help and I really appreciate the help you have given me, both directly and through the many contributions to the thread you started some time ago asking for help with GMax - I found so many of the responses really useful.

Best wishes.

Ray

many thanks Ray, I'll send them over shortly.

Angela

I'm making some road assets (splines and buildables) which match up with the street series by ray_whiley. The first batch are plain "No Traffic" road splines with no roadmarkings to be used with an "invisible in driver" one way road traffic spline (and an assortment of "car spawners" for different traffic rates). Also started are a set of matching tapered roads (buldables) to join the different width roads. The road marking splines by ray_whiley (and probably others) are suitable for use with these assets.

I will release these to the DLS when I have sufficient to make a reasonable set. Don't expect them in a rush though - my "computer time" is currently very limited.

Chris

Back